London Fashion Week Beauty Bar!

On Monday 21st September, Bloggers Hangout hosted an event in collaboration with London Fashion Week- the Blogger's Beauty Bar! I love LFW, it's such a creative, exciting time of year, and so I was thrilled to be invited to attend this event!

The first thing that blew me away was the venue...I didn't know much about it, so when I was arrived I was really impressed. It was so classy!


Inside, there were several different rooms, but the actual event was held upstairs, in a really stylish warehouse-esque room, with bare brick walls and wooden shutters for the windows, giving it that perfect, artsy London vibe! The event started at 7, and despite getting there on time, the room was already packed, creating a really exciting atmosphere. There were so many brands with stalls we had no idea where to start!









All of the brands were really enthusiastic and great to talk to, which was really encouraging as I have only been to one event prior to this one, so was a little shy! More often than not, brands approached you rather than the other way round, and all of them were exceptionally generous with samples and goody bags! I came away with my arms quite full, and I can honestly say the products are all amazing. I'll be doing an in depth post for each of the products, but in the mean time, here's a brief over view of what I was lucky enough to receive! 

Lots and lots of beauty gifts!





Soley flew over to the event all the way from Iceland, so I couldn't miss them out! Their products are all handmade with Icelandic herbs, made with the founder of the business' grandmothers recipes. The ingredients all have healing properties, and the lady who ran the company said that they could even help clear up my eczema, so I am excited to give them a try! They smell so fresh and clean, you really know how organic a product they are as soon as you open the lid!


Exfolimate works in the shower, and is attached to a waterproof cord so you can easily hang it from a tap or shower head! I used mine after showering whilst my skin was still wet and the dead skin came away so easily! A really nifty little gadget. 



Unfortunately, the lady behind the Help stall was always super busy (indicating a great product!) so I only got to speak briefly to her husband who didn't know as much details about the product. From my understanding, this particular product is a gel that you eat, and it "heals" your skin from the inside, rather than the outside! What a unique idea, right? It keeps you looking youthful, and if the owners of the business' faces were anything to go by, I will definitely be using this in abundance when I am older!


Another unique range of products were those belonging to the company Skin Chemists. The girl we talked to was lovely, so informative and helpful and spent a good 10-15 minutes chatting to us about the products. I was a little wary at first, because they use ingredients such as bee and snake venom! However, the young lady demonstrated the foundation on herself and some cream on my own hand and it was so smooth on my skin, I fell in love instantly. I can't wait to try these samples and then invest in some full size products to use on a more permanent basis!



The Shea Moisture range was to die for. As soon as you approached the stall you were hit with a heavenly scent. I wanted to eat the products they all smelt so divine! The ladies of the stall opened all the different products so that we could get a good whiff of everything, and as you may be able to read from the label, the products do 1000 and 1 different things! We were generously gifted shampoo and conditioner, and the state my hair is in, I am hoping that they will really be able to fix it!



SASS... great name right? This brand really appealed to me as it was something that isn't really on the market right now- a whole range of products especially for feminine hygiene! We all know that shaving down there is never fun, easy or comfortable, yet SASS have worked hard to create a whole line of products to make it almost enjoyable! Theres a gel/cream for everything, including the prevention of those irritating ingrown hairs, and all of them are developed so as not to mess with the natural pH balance of downstairs!





I was blown away at the generosity of Sensationails and L.A.B2! They instantly handed us a gift bag before they even spoke to us, so we had no clue what was inside. The ladies running the stand were incredibly informative and answered all our questions about the products- nail equipment and a brand new line of brushes! When we left the stall we found not one brush in our gift bags, but a whole box of brushes from the brand new line, as well as a gel nail starter kit and a kit to take off gel nails! Mine was even pink so I was even happier! I have wanted to develop my make up skills, such as contouring, for a while, and the brushes have a step by step guide on the back of them, so now seems the perfect time to get going, whilst using these tactile, super soft brushes!




















Finally, the most useful products I think- the Pink Parcel, a subscription box for all of your time of the month needs! I had seen people tweet about this box a few times before, but didn't really know much about them. There is SO much to say about this box that there will be an individual post coming about it...but for now, just look at all of the photos and take in how many treats you receive! I thought you received one treat in the "for you" box...turns out you receive about ten! And one of them is a mascara, so yet again, as my last free mascara has nearly run out, it's been replaced with a new, free mascara! Lucky me...

The ladies from Pink Parcel were so incredibly approachable and I even suggested they feature in my magazine, so we will see if that leads to a collaboration! They even took a cheeky snap of me and my friends and posted it on their social media pages!


Well, to conclude a rather long post, I'd like to just say a MASSIVE thank you to every single brand involved with the event. For being approachable, open minded to working with bloggers, being so generous with samples and gifts and for taking your time to be at the event! Also a massive thank you to Bloggers Hangout for organising the event! I can't wait for the next one now...!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Note to the brands: an individual post will be coming for the products. This is just a summary post. For further details or collaborations please email florencegrace13@gmail.com





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel very lucky!! I'm sure there'll be more fab events for you to attend :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.