Blink Live 2: Civil War!

For those of you who know me well and keep updated with my social media sites, you'll know that I was helping to present a concert hosted by my radio shows station, Blink FM. Yesterday (Saturday 7th March) was the big day- and it was better than I had expected.

The rehearsals were full of gossiping...this did not put my mind at ease!
On the Friday, the whole team had had a minuscule rehearsal which, in all honesty, only made me panic about the event and what it was I was supposed to do and when! However, upon arrival at the venue on the Saturday, everything seemed to be running smoothly- and did so for the duration of the event!

My boyfriend, Alex, runs his own business, Stoke Skate Company, so before I did anything else, I helped him to set up his stall (may I point out, his first ever stall for his business!) and prepare for the night. It turned out to be a really successful night for the business, and he even made some profit which was a massive bonus. I couldn't have been any more proud.

Stoke Skate Company's first ever stall!



Alex, the founder of SSC, and his partner in crime, Ramsay.
Just one of many satisfied customers! #SSC

The nerves I felt before heading on stage were unreal. I genuinely felt like I might empty the contents of my stomach all over the stage- disgusting and embarrassing! I had barely even prepared what to say, sending my mind further into melt down mode.

The concert was themed- "civil war", with Blink presenters making up two teams, Team Alex (not my boyfriend!) and Team Sophia. I was part of team Alex, and as soon as I stood with him in the wings of the stage, my nerves melted away. After a massive high five and mini cheer for Team Alex, we were called on stage and my live debut began. My worries and fears disappeared and it genuinely felt like the most natural thing to be doing- I loved every second and genuinely wish it could have lasted longer! There was a great atmosphere in the room, with some fab crowd interaction, as well as banter between the presenters! 

Me with my team leader, Alex...aren't we beautiful?
All of the acts were incredible too- I knew they were all talented, but getting to witness the talent first hand made me feel very humble indeed. The skill, effort and time that each act put into their performance only portrayed just how much music and performing meant to them, making their performances so strong. I for one am expecting big things from all of the acts, with all of them being so talented and unique. A band, a singer/rapper inspired by Drake, and some very talented singers, as well as some great street dancers busting some moves- you can't say that Blink isn't diverse!

When the acts had finished their sets, it was up to me to grab them as soon as they came off stage, buzzing with post-performance energy and have a quick "red carpet style" interview with them! It was a real pleasure getting to chat to each act and experience their happiness and excitement immediately after their show- I feel very luck to have had that role! Although some of the acts were more excitable than others (coughTable21cough) the energy from their performance made for some great interviews, and it was nothing less than fun!

Interviewing Table 21 in their Stoke Skate Tees! 

There was only one down side to the whole event...it was over in the blink of an eye! After months of preparation, getting to know one another, rehearsing, meetings etc. etc., suddenly it was all over and done with. I couldn't help feeling a sense of sadness. However, that feeling was soon replaced with extreme excitement as we could finally announce to the audience what I am about to announce to you, my readers- Blink Live THREE is coming, but not as you would expect. It is going to be a (drumroll please...) festival!!! That's right, I am going to be assisting in the presenting and hosting of an actual festival. Words can not contain my excitement and I feel truly blessed. How many teenagers can say they have helped put together and host a festival? Not many I bet. Lucky, excited, buzzing...I'm feeling them all! It's absolutely crazy that this is happening to me but I can't wait!

Was super excited for tonight's concert...imagine how I'm feeling about a fesitval!
Joining up with Blink FM and WYA has been the best decision I have ever made. I feel truly blessed to have met the people I have and to be doing the things I am (I mean, hosting a bloody festival is incredible right???). I adore my team, everybody involved with Blink is beyond great and we never fail to have a laugh. I am incredibly lucky. 

I just want to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to my manager, Jamie. None of the wonderful things Blink do would happen without you. I feel we don't appreciate you enough- thank you Jamie! Amazingly talented, mature and an inspiration for young people, you have worked endlessly for this event and I know you will continue to do so for the festival. Thank you for everything! 

Thank you also to my wonderful team leader, Alex. We are so going to take down the opposing team in the lead up to the festival! Let's do this!

If you missed Blink Live 2, I hope you feel some regret! But I hope you're looking forward to the festival, and I hope to see lots of you there! Stay tuned for more info over the coming months...

Love from, 
Florence Grace


Look out for my vlog from the event, coming soon, as well as more photos and information regarding the festival! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.