Your vibe attracts your tribe

You’ve probably heard of the saying ‘your vibe attracts your tribe’. For the most part, I have found this to be true.

However, have you ever stopped to think that maybe, it might work the other way around? Maybe your tribe actually creates your vibe? Now that’s something I definitely know to be true.

Over the last two years of my life, I’ve made a huge amount of changes, and a lot of these changes have revolved around the kind of people I’ve been spending time with. It hasn’t always been easy to recognise that some of the people I believed that I loved the most were incredibly toxic for me, but once I opened my eyes and saw how they were dragging me down, I was able to cut them off and make room for more positive, dare I say it, better people in my life instead!


"Five types of people you want to surround yourself with: the inspired, the passionate, the motivated, the grateful and the open minded"


When you surround yourself with negative people, critical people, even destructive people, it really can bring you down, even if they aren’t directing any of these negative attributes directly toward you. Their energy definitely rubs off on you and you start to pick up on these behaviours, until soon you are negative and critical and destructive too- which is just so mentally exhausting and not the kind of person anyone should aspire to be.

Surround yourself with happy people who uplift you, inspire you and support you and watch how different your life becomes. At the moment, I’m surrounded by the best people I have ever been friends with. They’re all so positive and happy, have a great attitude towards life, support and encourage me and are just generally brilliant. In turn, it’s made me happy and positive, altered my own outlook on life and enables me to give them the same support and encouragement they give me.

Today is National Best Friends Day in America (I don’t care that I’m not American, I love an excuse to celebrate something, particularly the amazing people in my life) and it really got me thinking about the people I call ‘best friends’, and how they differ from people I called by the same name this time last year, two years ago, five years ago and beyond.



I’ve still got my ride or dies, Bobbie, Alec, Poppy and Abby. Bobbie and me have been friends for around 5 years now, while Alec, Poppy and Abby have been my best pals for about three. More recently I’ve made friends with Alex, and while we haven’t known each other for even half a year yet, she’s already one of the best people in my life.

Then there are other people in my life who I absolutely adore; old timers like my Topshop girls, Chloe, Smithy and Lauren- they're the kind of friends you don't always see, but when you do it's like you have never been apart! Then there's the newer people like Tiff, Destiny and Calum, who haven't been around as long as the rest but have already shown themselves to be just as fabulous




Those of you who have followed me for a while or read my posts regularly might notice there are some names there who you would probably have expected to see, who used to crop up on my blog and other social media pages quite a lot, who are now absent. Like I said, you have to learn when people are no good for you and cut them off, for your own sake. Other times, you simply outgrow people. It’s sad but true.

I’m incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such incredible people all of the time, and I couldn’t love them all more. I have definitely spent  a long time creating the perfect tribe for myself and I think I’ve finally got there.

While it’s true that your vibe will attract your tribe, your tribe definitely creates your vibe- so choose yours wisely!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.