My Career Plans for 2018





Anyone who knows me will know that I am incredibly career-orientated. I'm all about being a girlboss, I'm always trying to make more money, looking into new business ideas, learning how I can further myself and become better at what I'm already doing. I am definitely a go-getter and that's not something that's going to change in 2018- in fact, it's only going to become more apparent. 

I've got so many ideas whirling around my brain about things that I'd like to achieve over the next year in terms of my career. I'm not going to set myself any solid goals (for one of the first times in my life!) because I don't want to feel disappointed in myself if I don't achieve them. However, I am going to make a list of these plans (in a notebook as well as in this post!) and speak them into existence and just hope and pray that they spring to life!


So, what do I want out of my career in 2018?

1- A book
Yep, thats right! I want to at least have started- if not have finished- a book. At the start of 2016, when I found my world being turned upside down, I vowed to keep myself busy, and one of the ways I planned on doing this was to start writing a book. Well, I can tell you that I made several starts at different books but didn't really have a direction with it. In 2018, I'd really like to get back to the writing and get somewhere with my dream book. I've thought about it long and hard and have more of a direction for it now- so I guess we shall just have to wait and see where the year takes me! 

2- Get back into radio shows
Be that as a presenter (ideal) or as an assistant or runner of some sort (realistic) I want to get back into working in radio. It was such a huge passion of mine, presenting my own show and engaging with listeners was something I really loved to do, so it's something I really want to get back into again. I've already applied for a couple of positions in studios in London so I'm hoping something will come from them! I'm not going to give up though, because being a radio presenter is my number 1, all time favourite dream job! But in the meantime, while I wait for destiny to intervene and land me the Radio 1 breakfast show slot, I'm going to...

3- Start a podcast show
Random, right? Something I've never even considered before. My mum mentioned it to me in the summer and I kind of just brushed it off. It wasn't something that really fell into my bracket- or so I thought. In October, I attended an inspirational and motivational event where I spoke as a 'successful woman in business'. I got to meet one of my heroes, Remel London, who suggested I start my own podcast, either linked to my blog or linked to my magazine, Love from..., as a way to get one step closer to radio stations. I'd told her I didn't really feel YouTube, although I'm tempted to dive back into this after my previously failed attempt, but a podcast just sounds far more exciting to me! I'm hoping I'll be able to launch it about mid-year, if all goes to plan... and believe me, there's a lot of planning to do! But this is something I'm really, really excited about!


"I'm not a jack of all trades, I'm a master of many. I don't feel there is anything I can't do if I want to"



4- Write more!
There was a time when I was writing for a dozen different publications...and over time, that just kind of dwindled down to...well. Nothing. 

I really miss seeing my work on other websites and in printed magazines, so one of my goals this year is to write for more people, more often. I've already started 2018 off with a boom, landing myself the chance to contribute to a book which is launching in March (more on that soon!) but I want to reach out and write for more publications again too. Writing is another huge passion of mine and something I really love, so I want to just do more of it!

5- Offer more freelance services
I have branched out into more developed social media management that also incorporates website building and web design. Expanding my skills landed me a brand new job role, where I've learnt even more skills, and so I'd love to offer my freelance services on a broader basis. (Hint hint. If you need a social media consultant, social media manager or web builder/designer, hit your girl up. I'm right here!). If this took off this year, I'd be thrilled, but I'm more than happy to just put the plans in place this year and watch it take off next year!

6- Boost Love from... magazine
As always, I want to continue boosting my baby up and expanding the magazine. I took a little breather to refocus- and also, just relax!- at the end of 2017 but now I'm back and ready to take on whatever the magazine throws at me. I'm hoping to bring out two really amazing issues this year that will blow your mind. Hopefully. Yay!



Phew! That sounds like such a lot, doesn't it? Tackling all this as well as working full time will be challenging, but there was a time where I had seven jobs (don't remind me) so I'm sure I can cope. I'm nothing if not ambitious, so I can't wait to take all these goals on and *hopefully* achieve them! Watch this space...

What are your career goals for 2018? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace



If you liked this, why not try...


Comments

  1. I hope you achieve your career goals!

    Chichi
    chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I hope we both get what we want out of this year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.