Why I Don't Fit Into The Blogosphere



I've been blogging for over four years now and I must say it's become abundantly clear that I just don't fit into the blogosphere. Never have done, probably never will do.


This isn't a bad thing, by the way. Let me explain.


I get on with a tonne of bloggers. I have more friends online than in real life, let me tell you that now! I have regular conversations with them and really have some very close friends, all who I've met through blogging. When I say I don't fit into the blogosphere, it's not about the people or how I'm treated - because for the most part, the people are great! Absolute gems. The problem actually lies with me.


I'm just not 'blogger material', you see? I wear skimpy clothes and giant hoop earrings, I go to clubs, festivals, wild gigs that end in huge mosh pits... I listen predominantly to R&B, rap and dance music, I share every single detail of my life online and don't have an Instagram theme by any means. I went to an all girls grammar school and have a number of qualifications under my belt - I'm educated and well spoken - yet to some extent, I can be regarded as a "chav" with the words I use, the music I like and the way in which I dress. I haven't started blogging and allowed myself to be moulded by the industry so that I fit in. I've defined my own path.

How many "chavvy" bloggers do you know?  How many bloggers do you know that are like me?


I don't know any. In my four years of blogging I don't think I've come across one blogger who I've thought "wow, she dresses like me!" or "Yessss, can so relate to her music taste" or "omg YES look at the realness she's sharing right now, her writing is just like mine!" and for so long I've thought that was a hugely negative thing. I stick out like a sore thumb when comparing other bloggers to me.

But - and this is not something I say often - I think I might be wrong. The fact that I don't relate to anyone else in the industry, the fact that I haven't found anyone remotely like me is surely only a good thing, no? I have a USP - a unique selling point. I'm different, I stand out. There is literally no one in the industry like me.

If you come across my blog or my social media platforms, you're not going to see what you'd see on an ordinary blogger's pages. I really am completely different. 

This is really something I want to be able to celebrate more.




"There is literally no one in the 
industry like me"



No, you might not catch me eating a perfectly iced cake outside Peggy Porschen's or posing in front of that neon sign at Tonight Josephine's but you will see me flaunting my curves at every occasion and getting real about body positivity and self love. You will see the delicious foods I eat (usually a Dominos!), you'll see me fighting for feminism and trying to educate people on important topics like racism and sexism. You'll see the wonderful places I travel to and plenty to do with my gorgeous boyfriend. 

There will rarely be cute, candid photos and there certainly won't be any staged photos - there will only be real life, in the moment snapshots that enable me to curate a feed of memories I can look back on and reminisce over. My tweets will be mouthy, opinionated but honest. I will always be real and speak my mind - it's just how I am, and this comes through on my social media feeds, something I rarely see across the feeds of some of the most successful bloggers.

I feel like I'm truly one of a kind, and I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of.

I'm not like other bloggers - I'm me. And it's time I stopped seeing that as a negative when it comes to blogging, and worked with it instead. I always look to others for inspiration and fail to find it - maybe it's about time I paved the way and tried to inspire others instead.

Love from,
Florence Grace


Like me on Facebook | Follow me on Instagram | Connect with me on Twitter

Comments

  1. Yes Florence! I love this! Please always be you and never ever stop!! I love you for who you are and the fact you're not like anyone else I follow!! WOOP WOOP!! Celebrate that and flaunt it!!! YEESS!!
    Love you girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Sarah, I really appreciate that!! Love ya xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.