Goals for 2018!



Yep, it's that time of year again- people will begin talking about 'new year, new me' and all the things they want to achieve over the course of the next 365 days. I am, of course, no exception to this. I love the idea of the new year being a chance to completely reinvent yourself, and I am overly happy that this year, the 1st of January is on a Monday! Doesn't that just feel like a brand new chapter, a completely fresh start? It's just so satisfying! 

If you read my post detailing my highlights from 2017 then you'll be aware that 2017 was an incredible year for me, where I accomplished so many things, in terms of both my career and my personal life.I feel extremely happy with how the year went for me, and I am determined to make 2018 even bigger and even better! I want all the happiness, all the success and all the fulfillment I can get out of life. 


At the end of 2016 I set myself the following goals for 2017:

1- Lose weight.
2- Take up running again.
3- Find a full time job.
4- Continue saving to move out and maybe even actually be moved out this time next year.
5- Learn to drive.
6- Travel more. More road trips, more mini weekend breaks and more holidays.
7- Text more people first. 
8- Finish my journalism course.
9- Reach 100,000 blog views.
10- Improve my magazine even more and try to make more money from it.


Well, I can safely say I haven't achieved all of these (surprise surprise, does anyone ever achieve all of their resolutions?), but I am definitely impressed with the ones I have achieved- 1, 3, 4, 6 and 10

Yes that's right- since I was 18 I have made the new year's resolution to save to move out/actually move out and this year it has finally happened! On January 5th I will be moving into my own place with my boyfriend and really having a brand new start at the beginning of the new year! In addition to this, I've also lost weight and become fitter than I was last year (although having just been Christmas it's starting to creep back on) which is something I have always struggled to do, year in, year out. I've got myself a 'proper' job and I have done a lot of mini breaks this year! I'm pretty happy with that- and to be honest, I'm not too fussed about the ones I didn't achieve. 

"You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them"


There can be a lot of pressure at this time of year to set yourself highly unrealistic goals that make you look good for the benefit of other people but only leave you feeling disappointed in yourself when you're unable to achieve them. 

Don't stress! 

Any resolutions you do choose to make should only be for your benefit, and should be about bettering you and your life. Think about what you really want from your life and what things you could achieve to make your life better. Make 2018 your selfish year and make your goals all about you. What can you do to make yourself happier and make sure that you're living your best life? Give more generously to charity to practice being selfless and take advantage of your privileges in life. Cut off toxic people that don't add anything positive to your life. Start sleeping more, do more of what makes you happy- do everything for yourself. Live your best life...I can't stress this enough!

I chose to think more carefully this year about what I want out of 2018 and any resolutions I want to make and I realised one thing...

...I don't have any resolutions. 

For real! For the first time in my life ever, there are no resolutions. I don't want to vow to myself that I'll lose weight, that I'll start up a ridiculous exercise regime that I know I'll come to hate and ditch a few months down the line. I don't want to vow to start driving when I know I won't have the money, or vow to make more of an effort with people when very few people make an effort with me. 

I've realised that all I want from 2018 is more of what I already have from 2017! More love from me to others and from my family and friends to me. More happiness, in everything that I do. More progression and opportunities at work and more career development. More appreciation of myself and more continual development of self love. Just more of what I already have. 

I'm so happy and so content with my life, I've gone on about it all year- I have never been happier and I just want more of that! I don't have any particular goals that I want to achieve just because it's a new year- I just want everything to continue to keep on getting better, the way it has been doing for a long while now. 

On a side note, I am incredibly happy that I have finally got to such a good place with my mental health and my mind set that I am no longer fixated on losing weight either. Every year I vow to lose weight, always because I'm so unhappy with how I look, how I'm perceived by others, how I am. 2017 saw me completely changing my views on myself and the levels of self love I had for myself and now I view my body in a far more positive way. Yes, I'm aware that over the holiday period I've gained a few pounds, but so what? Once the indulgence of all the food from Christmas is out of the way I can go back to making healthier choices- that still make me happy- and focus on my wellbeing and self love again. I've had a lovely Christmas where I've been fortunate enough to eat as much as I like of whatever I like, whenever I like- that in itself is a blessing and one I chose to take advantage of because I was lucky enough to do so. Most importantly of all, this choice made me happy and that's what counts.

So for the first time ever, I'm not setting myself goals or resolutions for 2018. What happens, happens- and I can't wait to watch the year unfold! 

I hope you all have had brilliant 2017's and have the best year in 2018 full of everything your heart desires and more! If you do choose to set yourself some resolutions, feel free to share them with me- but remember not to be too hard on yourself, or unrealistic. Just set yourself goals that you know will better you and the life you lead.

Happy New Year!

Love from,
Florence Grace

If you liked this, you might also enjoy...


Comments

  1. Happy New Year! I hope you have a wonderful 2018!

    Chichi
    chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! I hope 2018 is amazing to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.