Moving Out, Starting a New Job and All the Bits In Between!

The last three or four weeks have been crazy. I mean, a real whirlwind of drama, excitement, nerves, stress, more excitement, a lot of work and some big surprises. I've been tweeting a little bit about what's been going on, but not giving away too many specifics so I thought I would treat you all to a bit of an update from me!





Last month, after turning 21 I wrote a blog post about how being 21 had been the 'ultimate glow up', and I concluded the post with a final paragraph that read:


"I am living for being 22. I'm ready for more of everything; more success and more blessings, more opportunities and more good fortune, more love and more happiness. In fact, I'm ready for an overflow of it all. If 22 is half as good as 21 was, I know it's going to be a great year."

Well, I'm happy to report that the first month of being 22 has been incredible. If the rest of the next year is anywhere near as good as the last month has been I'm going to be one happy lady. So. Where do I start?


New opportunities
November saw me landing myself an incredible presenting job at work. I hadn't done any presenting work for a year, so I was beyond excited. However, while I've done live TV work, pre-recorded TV work and radio work too, this was something I had very minimal experience with- presenting in front of a live audience of 1,000 people at a time, six times over!

It was for a scheme we get involved with at work, Safe Drive Stay Alive, a show that promotes safe driving and the damage dangerous driving can do to sixth form students across the country. I was the host for the six shows in Buckingham and it was one of the best things I've ever done- not to mention one of the greatest achievements of my career so far. I was terrified, there's no doubt about it, but I absolutely smashed it. People told me I was a natural, that I was a superstar, that I owned the stage- and to be honest, I really just felt so comfortable and at home doing what I was doing! If the compliments from the audience weren't evidence enough, I know I must have been good at what I was doing because I've been invited back to do it all again next year! I already can't wait.

Better still, following my success presenting these shows, my place of work have now decided they'd like to utilise my presenting skills and have offered me two more amazing presenting opportunities to be completed over the next six months. I won't speak too much about them until everything is 100% confirmed but I am so excited about them!




Starting a new job
Some of you will know and some of you won't that my permanent job as a Communications Officer is only 2 days a week, and recently I have been doing overtime in another role that had me working full time hours. In October, this overtime stopped so I had a lot of free time.

Well, that's not the case anymore, because I landed myself a new job as a Social Media Assistant for a photographer in a town not too far from mine! I've been doing this for three weeks now, twice a week, and I absolutely love it. I'm being given the chance to utilise my skills, develop skills I haven't used for a while and learn totally new ones- for example, I've been assisting my boss in building her new website from scratch, something I've never done before! My boss is lovely, so laid back and fun to work with and we both have a passion for photography (if anyone remembers, I was going to study it at uni!) so we get on really well and I absolutely love working with her.

In addition to this, I've taken on some overtime on my one free day a week in a totally different role in a completely different location/team for the company I already work for which is exciting! I'm learning brand new skills which means I'm now more valuable to the company and can work across more departments should they need me. With my expansive skill base I'm a better asset and hopefully more opportunities will open themselves up to me, thanks to my hard work!

I'm super happy to be back working 5 days a week again, and all this extra income is particularly good because...


Moving Out
... I'm moving out! Finally! How many times on this blog have I written about wanting to move out, about one of my goals being to save enough money to move out and it's never happened. Now, finally, for real it's happening.

Okay, so it's a little spontaneous and totally unplanned- I'm kind of having to move out through no choice of my own, but I'm so excited about it. Me and Jonny have decided to move out together, which might seem a little sudden given that we've only been together for three months but we spend almost every night together anyway, and if I moved out alone, I'd just have him stay over every night anyway- because why wouldn't I? So we may as well take the plunge together! (Yolo and all that...) Neither of us have lived away from home before, so the entire process is brand new to us, but we managed to secure the house we want to rent yesterday, so it's all go, go, go now! We're hoping to be moved in within the first week of January so it will be a lovely start to 2018- and to the rest of our lives together (unless he leaves socks on top of the wash basket rather than inside the wash basket one more time...)

There's so much to do, and so much to buy. I didn't even realise until I made a list, so we didn't forget small essentials like dishcloths, bleach, loo roll and so on! I'm nervous, I'm a little unprepared but I'm so excited!




And some added extras...
There's been some other small things that have happened that have made me super happy in the last month! Mine and Jonny's friends had their baby, which made us incredibly broody- an amazing feat considering we were both anti-baby not long before that! As I wrote earlier this year, my feelings towards starting a family changed and I decided kids were just not for me. It seems like this mindset might have changed now but I can confidently say that I still won't be having kids for at least another 5 years minimum. For real. But there is no denying their baby is super cute...

I've been putting some thought into Love from... magazine. I don't want to quit or give up, but I have kind of lost direction with it and now that I'm moving out I need to rethink about funding and money and so on. I've been taking a break but after some words of encouragement and support from regular readers, I think I've begun to put plans in place for a nice big come back in 2018, which I'm excited about. I still have a few copies of the latest issue left, so if you'd like a copy, you can get one here: lovefrommag.bigcartel.com



I've learnt to cook (about time, right?)! Kind of. Okay, so I've gone from cooking absolutely nothing to being able to make a bloody lasagne!!! (Not as hard as I thought, you know!). I was also incredibly proud of myself because I managed to make my own scrambled egg too! I know it's so simple and most people have probably been able to make it since they were about 6 but as someone who is a bit of a culinary disaster, I was pretty impressed with myself!

I've also been working hard- and succeeding- in getting over my commitment issues, relationship wise. Jonny makes me so happy and so comfortable that there's no way I can feel anything other than 100% relaxed about life with him. What happens, happens but I feel a lot better about planning for a long term future now. Exciting, right?!

Finally, I'm tying up so loose ends. I'm not going to go into too much detail about it but I'm resolving conflicts, putting an end to pointless dramas and completing any unfinished business so that I can go into 2018 with a completely clean conscious, no stress or worries and totally 100% happy with life. Boy, that feels good to say!



So there we go...more of a lengthy life update than a little one, and definitely a lot of bragging about how fantastic my life is right now (sorry guys!) but I just wanted to share with you all!

Feel free to share all the exciting things going on in your life right now with me in the comments below, or drop me a message- I want to hear about it all!

Love from,

Florence Grace

Comments

  1. Congratulations and good luck for 2018! :)

    Chichi
    chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I know what you mean about resolving conflicts and unfinished business. I'm the same - I'm putting behind pointless drama from others and I'm making some changes regarding the kind of people I'm surrounded by and distancing myself from certain people so that I can go into 2018 with a clear focus and without people who are on a mission to tear me down.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.