October Style Picks!

So what started as a hot and sunny month, bizarrely, suddenly changed into a mass of rain, storms, grey skies and sub-zero temperatures. Everybody, say hello to October! I welcome October with open arms, as I love Autumn. However, cold I can deal with, wet weather I can not! Anyway, here are my style picks for the month where Autumn really gets underway...spend wisely!




The 'Black Fluffy Short Sleeve Jumper' is available from New Look at £19.99. I feel this is the perfect jumper for October! There is still some warmer weather, so the short sleeves accommodate for this, whilst the fluffy material ensures you will stay nice and toasty when the temperature drops a little! At just under twenty pounds, the price isn't too bad for a jumper- and don't forget to take advantage of your student discount! 


I love the 'Tia Dogtooth Print Leggings' from Boohoo, and they are an absolute bargain at just £6.00...again, don't forget your student discount! Dogtooth is a bit of an 'in' print at the moment, and I'm spotting it in most shops that I visit. These leggings can be dressed up or down and provide a smart or casual look. They'd go perfectly with the black fluffy jumper above! 


The 'Layla New York City Roll Back Tee' from Boohoo is available for £10.00. The T-shirt is available in black or white...me being me, of course, preferred the black. I don't usually like city slogan t shirts but the font used on this one really caught my eye. I liked the simplicity, and feel that with a nice pair of jeans and the H&M boots, this would be part of a nice little outfit.



I adore this Boohoo 'Imogen Tunic Style Ikat Print 3/4 Sleeve Top'. The colour and print just match the Autumn colour pallet so well...this top would go well with the superstretch treggings from H&M below! Another top that could be dressed up of down, it's £18.00, but remember your student discount! 



Now, I have never been one for treggings, but I do quite like these H&M 'Superstretch Treggings' in Mustard. They look quite like a pair of skinny jeans, and I feel that the mustard colour is perfect for Autumn. At £12.99 they aren't too steep of a price- far cheaper than most jeans and pretty much the same thing! Teamed with some brown boots and a patterned scarf, I think these could be part of a nice look!


As I mentioned above, I feel Mustard is the perfect colour for Autumn. Although listed on the website as 'beige' I think this H&M scarf is definitely more mustard and would co ordinate nicely with the treggings. At 7.99, the price may seem a bit steep for a simple, light scarf, but the quality is good and it will complete your Autumn look! A must buy for me! 


H&M did well on accessories this month! I adore this 'Checked Messenger Bag', for just £19.99. It has the perfect casual look, and the warm colour of the red teamed with the brown leather matches Autumns colour scheme perfectly! Again, this bag can be used as part of a casual look or dressed up- teamed with the mustard treggings would be a smart-casual look, worn with jeans and a sweater would be a more comfy, laid back look. 


Boots, boots, boots- who doesn't love a good pair of boots? These boots are available in a nice, autumnal brown but their downfall was that they were suede...a material easily ruined by rain, mud and soggy leaves! The burgundy colour of these H&M boots steers away from Autumn's stereotypical brown pallet and the tougher material means they will be more durable during the colder, wetter weather October can bring. For £24.99, what more could you ask for?



I love all of these H&M rings. The top set is a pack of seven, available at the fair price of £3.99. I feel gold is the perfect accessory colour for Autumn- it brightens up the darker colour pallet of clothes and matches the leaves on the trees...or floor. The silver rings are a little steeper in price, at £6.99, but I love a big piece of bulky, statement jewellery. As I have included a lot of black clothing this month, I feel these rings would match perfectly! I love the cobweb looking one- perfect for Halloween! 



The 'Red Mesh Sleeve Sporty Bodycon Dress' is quite steep at £28.00 from River Island, but I think the bright colour would be perfect on the more dull of Autumn days. This dress could be worn everyday or on a night out- it would all depend on how you chose to accessorize! Bright and bold with plenty of reasons to wear, the price of this dress is well worth it. 



Now, I'm normally a fitted skirt or a skater skirt kind of girl, with no in between, so I was shocked at myself when I found that this skirt appealed to me! The 'Black Pleated A Line Mini Skirt' is just so sweet, and could be used for a smarter look, an everyday look or even a night out with a nice fitted strappy top! It really is a multipurpose skirt- which more than makes up for the price, at £25.00. For an everyday look, try a simple long sleeve top, the mustard scarf and some little black ankle boots! 



The 'Orange Floral Boxy Shirt' from River Island is quite extortionate for what it is, at £30.00, but I love the sweet floral pattern, as well as the autumnal colours. This is something else that can be dressed up or down (I'm finding this a lot with my Autumn picks...), but I feel it would look best with some black skinny jeans and some little ankle boots, along with the Black Fedora hat below! 




I am not a hat person- I never have been, and didn't think that I ever would be either! However, I think this 'Black Fedora Hat' from River Island is quite chic for completing any Autumn look! It's available in three colours, all perfect for Autumn, but I chose black so that for the high price of £25.00, it would go with pretty much anything. Protect your hair from that October breeze and invest! 


I'm really into horoscopes and birth sign meanings and all that 'mumbo jumbo', so fell in love with Topshop's 'Birth Stone Necklace' range. Obviously, I chose my own birth stone for November (what a bonus...this can be included in next months picks too!), which is a huge plus as the colour of Topaz is one of the popular colours from any Autumn pallet! They're fairly cheap and cheerful at £7.00 (not including your student discount!) and just look attractive. So why not? 

As Autumn is in full swing and we feel the presence of Winter getting ever nearer, I hope you find my style picks for you useful- or at least inspirational. If you buy anything from my list, or even a cheaper alternative, I'd love to know! Tag me on instagram or tweet me using @flomatthews_ or, post to my facebook page 'Florence Grace' or leave a comment below!

Love from, 
Florence Grace



Comments

  1. Ooh I love the printed tunic top and the black fedora! :D I've got some mustard jeans (from Zara) and they really look fab and go with so many pieces! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't own many mustard clothes but after I did my research for this months post I will definitely be investing!! Thanks for your thoughts :D xx

      Delete
  2. I love the River Island shirt and the black hat! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for sharing this blog. 

    Modest Clothes & Vintage Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent website. We appreciated the idea completely.

    Surf Trucker Hats & Surf T Shirts for Men

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog, usually I don't post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

    wedding dress shops Edinburgh & bridal dresses Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.