LFFG is three!

My baby is three today!

And by my baby, I mean my blog. Duh.

Honestly though, I can’t believe that Love from, Florence Grace is three years old today. Three years ago today I made the decision to begin sharing my life online, opening up to strangers on the internet – and I can tell you now it was the best decision I have ever made.

My blog has brought me new friends. It has created employment opportunities for me. It has helped me to find myself, boost my confidence and become more comfortable in my own skin. I’ve done things I could never have imagined being accessible to me, I’ve met people I could only have dreamed of meeting, I’ve started my own business, I’ve entered into an entirely different career field than I was about to embark on this time three years ago, and have moulded my entire life around my blog and being a content creator.

I’ve found a new sense of self, a new identity through my blog. My dreams and goals have altered quite drastically, I want different things from life and have different views than I used to…and this is all thanks to my blog! I’ve discovered that I am completely career driven, that I have an interest in running my own company, that I’m more creative and ambitious than I ever even knew. I’ve learnt about self-love, about sex, about feminism from some truly great bloggers who cover all of those taboo topics that no one dares to talk about. I’m interested in politics- something I never, ever thought I would say! I’ve worked in TV, in Radio, in print media and digital media, as a content creator, a social media manager and now as a Communications Officer who runs her own magazine. All of this has stemmed from my blog. It really has changed me for the better.

As the years go on, I am gradually settling into a niche for myself. Those who have been here from the start will know I used to work very closely with a company called Go Think Big. They helped me really break into the media industry by creating the opportunity for me to work with Heat Magazine, Closer Magazine, Channel 4, 4Talent, the BBC, Kerrang! Magazine and radio station just to name a few. I used to go to an event with them once or twice a week, every week. I also worked with 4Music a lot, had my own radio show with Blink FM and attended other events, such as an LFW Fashion Show.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
Attending an LFW with two fab friends of mine xxxx

Image may contain: 1 person
Presenting my first solo radio show, Fridays with Florence Grace!

The second year of my blog saw me attending less events, although there was still some and also the closure of the radio station I volunteered at and so the end of my shows. However, I was still working with 4Music doing TV shows and I was doing something much better; I was working. Real, paid work. I worked for a clothing company as an interning Social Media Manager before taking on a paid freelance journalist role- a role I’m still in today- and also began properly running my magazine. So while I might have been attending less media events, it was because I didn’t have time, and also, I didn’t really need them anymore either! I had begun building a very solid, media-based career for myself!

Image may contain: 17 people, people smiling
Spot me and spot the celebs... Maya Jama looks super pretty haha!

This brings us to the third year. I’m working all the time now, running my magazine, working as a freelance journalist and being a Communications Officer, all while running my lifestyle blog. Focusing on work more has meant that I’m creating less content for my blog, but of a higher standard and it really is paying off. This year I’ve been invited to review more products than I’ve ever been asked, been invited to the best events I’ve ever been invited to and, in the last few weeks, have been contacted by more PR companies than I have in the last three years! I work with Elegant Touch creating sponsored content (which is a dream come true!), I’ve worked with Paperchase, I’ve been to all of Makeup Revolutions events in the last two years, I’ve interviewed Radio 1 DJ Gemma Cairney for my magazine, I have been featured in The Metro, I’ve taken on more freelance work than ever before and in October, I’m going to be speaking at an event about running my own business- because at last my hard work has been recognised!!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
At the Glamour Beauty Festival courtesy of Elegant Touch this year!

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling
All of my magazines to date!

I haven’t won awards for my blog. I haven’t gone viral. I don’t have thousands of followers. But I know that my work makes a difference. My magazine makes a difference, my blog makes a difference. The articles I write make a difference. My words- the things I think, feel and say- make a difference.

I don’t force people to read my content. They do it anyway. And to me, that’s really something. 12 year old me never imagined she’d be here today. 18 year old me never imagined when she sat down and pressed publish on that first post that she’d be where she is today. And me? Well I’m constantly amazed at where I am today. I really am living in a dream come true and I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my whole life- all thanks to my blog. My baby.
Thank you to everyone who is a part of this journey. Who reads my blog posts, buys my magazines, supports my ventures, retweets and shares things. Most importantly, to those of you who have been my friend. Who have offered advice and support in the hard times, lifted me up and praised me in the good. You make all of this worthwhile.

It’s been the best, most diverse and interesting three years. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.