REVIEW: Ombar Chocolate*




July 7th was World Chocolate Day, and while I somehow managed to miss that (honestly, how?), the team over at Ombar were kind enough to send me some of their products so that I could still participate in the celebrations, even if I was a little late to the party.

Let me tell you from the get go that Ombar chocolate is no ordinary chocolate. Ombar chocolate is, to put it simply, healthy chocolate. For real! While the company use raw cacao in all of their products to ensure that the nutritional benefits of cocoa are preserved within the product, the chocolate is also all:


  • Dairy free
  • Gluten free
  • Refined sugar free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
Honestly, what more could you ask of a mere chocolate bar?!

As mentioned above, Ombar leave a high percentage of raw cacao in all of their products and there are a lot of health benefits to them doing this; for example, enhanced memory performance, improved focus, verbal fluency and a better working memory in elderly people and also a positive effect on cardiovascular health. See, this chocolate really is good for you! 

Now, I must admit, I was a little dubious about this chocolate. I've tried organic chocolate before and always found it very bitter, tasting just like dark chocolate but...worse. However, I was willing to give this new brand of chocolate a go; particularly because it's vegan and eventually I would like to go vegan! Ombar sent me three different flavours; Coco Mylk, Strawberry Mylk and 72% Cacao. 


The Coco Mylk flavour chocolate was by far my favourite flavour. The chocolate can only be described as 'hard' (Galaxy is quite soft chocolate in comparison, if that makes more sense for you...). Each bar is divided into breakable segments which is handy and being so easy to break off means less mess whilst you eat! The Coco Mylk flavour tasted smooth and almost creamy. It was slightly bitter like dark chocolate but barely noticeable and I really liked it! 


Next up was the Strawberry Mylk flavour. I adore anything strawberry flavoured so absolutely couldn't wait to try this! Sadly, the chocolate didn't taste as sweet as I was hoping, however the strawberry flavour definitely tingled on your tastebuds and stays with you long after you've finished the chocolate. It wasn't as nice as the Coco Mylk bar but I would definitely eat this again!


Last but not least (or...maybe least) was the 72% Cacao bar. This one just wasn't up my street at all. It tasted very bitter- in fact, it tasted identical to ordinary dark chocolate, which is pretty incredible! I don't like dark chocolate (if that wasn't obvious by now!) but for those who love dark chocolate, I would definitely recommend this product to you! 

So, while I didn't like 72% Cacao and only kind of liked the Strawberry Mylk flavour bar, I loved the Coco Mylk flavour bar and would definitely recommend this to everyone, particularly if you're looking for a healthier or a vegan alternative to ordinary chocolate. 

Thank you so much to Ombar chocolate for sending me these bars to review- I'm definitely going to be buying some more Coco Mylk flavour bars for sure! They're available from Ocado, Whole Foods, Planet Organic and a variety of other independent food stores, as well as online at www.ombar.co.uk for just £1.99 - a total bargain!

Have you tried Ombar Chocolate? Are you tempted to now? Let me know in the comments below! 

Love from,
Florence Grace

These products were kindly sent to me for the purpose of a review but all thoughts and opinions are my own. You can read more about this in my disclaimer at the top of the page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.