Unapologetically me



Yes, it's me again. The Pizza Princess, back with more words of wisdom about exactly what the picture says; being unapologetically me...


As someone who shares her life online, it leaves people quite open to involve themselves in my life, create their own opinions on me and the things that I do and sometimes even share those opinions with me via various online platforms. It doesn't always happen online - sometimes people are openly rude, harsh or judgemental straight to my face, and that can be really tough to deal with. On more than one occasion I've had to deal with nasty remarks that have made me want to get under my duvet and hibernate for the rest of my life. For real

Fortunately, as time has passed, I have become more and more immune to nasty comments. I've made no secret of the fact that I used to be bullied quite badly online, and I used to let people's opinions of me and how I was living my life really get to me. I was in a very low place for such a long time, I did stupid things to try and feel better about myself and I really let those nasty critics control who I was and what I did. However, as I've become older, surrounded myself with better people and become more confident within myself and more comfortable in my own skin, I've learnt that when people are nasty, it's definitely a reflection of who they are and how they feel about themselves, rather than being any kind of reflection on the person I am. Now, I can laugh the comments off, and more often than not, completely ignore them. 

"More often than not" is obviously a key part of that sentence, because guess what? Sometimes I still get nasty comments and sometimes, they do still hurt me. I know that whoever is saying it is bitter and nasty, I know that what they're saying isn't true and I know that I can just shrug it off and laugh at them...but at the same time, my brain doesn't want to. Instead, it would rather dwell on the person who has crticised my outfit, commented on my weight yet again or made me feel like I have more flaws than I ever even realised. It's in moments like these that I have to take five minutes out of my day to be a little bit emotional, have a little moan to my friends about it and then take a good look in the mirror and remind myself that I am unapologetically me



So yeah, I'm a little 'extra'. I like to stand out, be a little bit crazy, a little bit wild. But that's exciting, right? I laugh too much at things people don't find as funny as me, I'm a little bit ditzy and sometimes a little lacking in common sense. I'm sassy and mouthy and swear far too much, but I'll always be open and say what's on my mind - you'll get nothing but straight, real talk from me. I eat too much and don't exercise enough, and some days it's the other way around. I rinse my savings account to buy new clothes or pay for another night out drinking and clubbing. I drink too much and think I can dance like Beyonce. 

But don't let all of this outshine my other qualities; I'm so hard working, I'm ambitious and I'm determined. I'm great at making other people laugh, making them happy and cheering them up. I'm a good listener, I'm thoughtful and I'm generous. I'm willing to help anyone and everyone, even those who might not necessarily deserve it. I'm driven, independent and confident. I open my heart to everyone freely and make time for everyone. 

I'm a good person. I don't need validation from anyone or for anyone to tell me otherwise, I'm confident in that knowledge. I have some traits that aren't necessarily the best (I mean, I could tone it down on the language, I know...) but all of these qualities just make me, me! If people don't like it, they don't have to deal with it. I don't force anyone to be a part of my life or to stick around, and I know that the people who are part of my life genuinely want to be there. 

People can say what they like about me, they always will say what they like about me because everyone has their own opinion, and they're obviously entitled to that. But now that I'm in a place where I'm happy and confident and actually love the person that I am, I don't care anymore. Sure, nasty comments might still get to me now and again- I'm not a robot, I do have feelings and they can get hurt! But, for the most part, I'm happy with who I am, and I am 

unapologetically 

me.

Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.