Natural beauty with Clinique! *

Not too long ago I worked on an exciting collaboration with Clinique all about their new skin care campaign. I was able to offer you guys the chance to get yourself  a free Clinique product and to tell you all about the fabulous free gift you could get if you spent a certain amount of money on Clinique products at Boots. Well, I'm back with another brilliant Clinique offer for you, and to tell you all about their latest campaign, how to create the No Makeup makeup look, an exciting collaboration with designer Jonathan Adler and how you can claim more freebies- thanks to me!

After receiving a fab skin care treatment for my last collaboration with Clinique, this time around I was fortunate enough to receive a makeover! I'm pretty rubbish at doing my own makeup- I can't do a cut crease or contour to save my life, I usually just slap on some sparkly eye stuff, make my face as glowy as I can and then think I'm good to go. However, Clinique advisor Beth took me into her safe hands, ready to do a 'no makeup makeover' on me. The aim of the makeover, in case it wasn't obvious, was to create a gorgeous, natural look that I could recreate everyday using very few products that made it look like I was almost wearing no makeup at all, literally just enhancing my natural features.



Beth sat me down ready to remove any makeup I was wearing- luckily, I had none on anyway, as I'm quite comfortable going out without any makeup on (because I'm a natural beauty, obviously...) so that saved her a job! She wanted to start with the base, so she used a product I had used at my previous Clinique appointment, the Clarifying Lotion, to get rid of all the dead skin cells and dirt from my face. I'm always fascinated by how much dirt comes off of my face, even when it looks totally clean! I mean, it's gross...but fascinating.

After this was a cream that she used as a base for the look which made my face soft and ready for a makeup, as well as creating a 'fresh' looking glow that looked healthy and nautral, and not too overboard. I believe this was the 'moisture surge', pictured above.

Next up was my foundation, which Beth got spot on, just by looking at me! Honstly, it was the perfect colour match to my skin tone. I was beyond impressed! The foundation glided on with Becca's fingertips so easily, and was very light and blendable, as well as buildable if I wanted thicker coverage- not that I needed it! One layer was just fine. She started from my nose and swept outwards to cover my face, then once she'd rubbed gently with her fingers she used a brush to blend it in and make sure there were no 'tide marks'.



One of the things I love about my Clinique experiences is that they always make them very hands on, so that you can learn while they do it! Beth always did half of my face and let me do the other half, so I could really get to grips with the look. 


Following the foundation was my favourite beauty product; highlighter! Anyone who knows me will know that I think you can never have too much of a glow! Beth didn't go overboard with the highlighter for this look, just did the 'Clinique C'  around my temple and cheekbone. It created a nice, dewy glow around my face. She drew the 'Clinique C' directly to my face with the Clinique chubby stick highlighter, then used her fingers to dap it in, although she said this could also be done with a brush, it is all a matter of personal preference.




Once the highlighter was applied, Beth used a subtle shade of blusher, just the smallest amount, to give me a natural, rosy and sunkissed look! 



After, the highlighter was the eye look. Beth gave me a couple of options (from the Jonathan Adler collection...but you'll just have to keep reading if you want to see those!). I went for a smoky brown colour that was quite subtle but had a nice shimmer to it. I let Beth apply this to both eyes, purely because I'm no good with eye makeup and I wanted to look pretty decent for the rest of the day! She also applied a little bit of highlighter to the inner corners of my eyes to make me look more 'awake'. (Believe me, after my sleepless nights that is definitely something I'm going to do more often!)


Following the eyeshadow was the lip look! There were three shades to choose from from the Jonathan Adler collection, all named after his favourite holiday locations. Despite it being a natural makeup look, I went for a vibrant pink shade called 'Palm Beach'. However, Beth managed to use her skills to make it look natural, using a small amount of colour on a tiny brush to paint my lips to make it look more like a rosy lip stain than a bright, shocking pink lipstick look. 


Finally, I needed to keep my look in place, so Beth spritzed me with some fixing spray to keep me looking naturally glowy, sunkissed and gorgeous all day! 


I felt beautiful by the time Beth was done with me! You can tell that she did her job well, because my beautiful natural no makeup look was so subtle that it didn't show up on camera! I literally look like I'm not wearing anything at all. The best I could get was this selfie in natural light that really caught the gorgeous glow from the highlighter! Other than that, I was so impressed. You couldn't tell I was wearing makeup yet my skin looked perfect, and I looked like I had a beautiful rosy glow about me! (Also, the products all smelt lush so my face smelt divine too...) This is definitely a look I will be recreating at home to make myself look naturally gorgeous.



Now for the fun part for you guys...the Jonathan Adler collaboration and the freebie for you guys! I hope you're ready for this collaboration because it is the most beautiful collaboration of beauty products I've ever seen! Brace yourself...3...2...1...



I know, I know...absolutely stunning, right?! Considering Jonathan Adler is a furniture designer, he's really come through with this makeup collaboration and I am so beyond impressed with it! Look at those lipstick cases, those brushes- I want them all! (Chloe who arranges the collaborations knew I'd love the brushes and told Beth to make sure she showed them to me...she was right! That girl knows me too well).

This is the most perfect summer collection from the shades of the makeup to the packaging itself, and while it all looks so luxurious it doesn't cost as much as you'd think either! This isn't all he's designed either...he's also collaborated with Clinque to design the free gift that you can receive if you purchase two Clinique products, as long as one of them is a foundation or skincare product! 


The makeup bag, designed by Jonathan Adler, comes with a chubby stick highlighter, a mascara, an eye makeup remover, a moisture surge cream (the same cream Beth applied before my foundation), some micellar cleansing wipes to use on your face and eyes and last but not least a gorgeous lipstick, with a casing that matches the makeup bag! It's all about that coordination you know! The best part about the lipstick is that there are two shades of lipstick for you to choose from, a plum colour or a pink colour- you decide! I went for the nudey-pink colour, as I feel this fits better with the natural beauty 'no makeup' look.

Better still is the 'step-up' gift offered by Clinique. If you purchase two items from Clinique, with one of them being a foundation or skin care product, you get the standard free gift mentioned above. However, if you purchase a third product, you also receieve either an 8-shade palette designed by Jonathan Adler worth £22 or full size travel smart night moisturiser worth £39. Amazing, right? 

And it doesn't stop there! You can also get yourself a freebie, as promised at the start of this post! Just head over to the Clinique counter in Boots, Aylesbury and then either quote 'LFFG Natural Beauty' or show them this blog post to receive a free foundation sample in your colour! You're welcome, kids. 

I would just like to say another massive thank you to Chloe, Beth and Clinique for allowing me to participate in this fab collaboration. Clinique are always a joy to work with and I am always treated like a Queen and spoilt rotten! If you take advantage of my code, let me know! And if you make any purchases and get your free gift, send me pictures, I'd love to see what you get! 

Will you be rocking the no-makeup makeup look this summer? Ler me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.