What Gossip Girl taught us



I have had the most boring day- seriously! I worked from 9 am, which meant waking up at 7:30 am (although I may or may not have snoozed my alarm for an additional 40 minutes...) and finished at 6pm, getting home at about 6:15 pm. Luckily my dinner was almost ready, my sister hadn't wrecked our newly tidied bedroom and I felt happy to have a nice relaxing evening of blogging, twitter chats, the MIC party on e4 and Gossip Girl. 

Re watching Gossip Girl started on NYE for me after my original plans fell through, and second time around I'm really taking it in more, noticing new things, hints at who GG is and how obvious it all was (how did we not know straight away!)- but I'm also learning "deep" things from the program too. Crazy, right?

What I know is that Blair Waldorf is my spirit animal. She works hard, always gets what she wants (although I am definitely not as manipulative or nasty as she is/can be!) and is a total female boss. However, I am also like Serena- constantly dimming my own light to let the people I care about shine brighter than myself. I'm also a little like Dan- at school, I always tried so hard to fit in and never quite did, but still had a good time. With that in mind though, what lessons has Gossip Girl taught me?

  • What will be, will be. Look at Chuck and Blair. He traded her for a hotel, they've cheated on each other and *spoiler alert* they still end up married! If things are meant to be, they will be.

  • Friends are forever. I have always found the friendship between Blair and Serena very odd. They actually seem to hate each other more than like each other- yet they are always there for each other, no matter what mistakes they make. This is also the case with Dan and Vanessa, Nate and Chuck, Rufus and Lily. 

  • Money can't buy happiness. Manhattan's elite have far from perfect or happy lives. Dan and Jenny are far happier than Blair and Chuck, for example. 

  • Perseverance is key. Jenny persevered at her fashion career and it took off, despite having to let people down and deceive her dad. Chuck persevered to get Blair and it paid off. Dan also did the same with Serena. Blair persevered to get into Yale her whole life- as well as to achieve a huge number of other achievements! 

I love Gossip Girl and really envy the lifestyle of the upper East side! I don't envy all the drama though!

Have you seen Gossip Girl? Who's your favourite character?

Love from,
Florence Grace


If you liked this, you might enjoy... Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.