Where I'm at now

I’ve never been so happy with my life- ever. I genuinely mean that too. Growing up, there was always one issue or another going on in my life, whether it was me being bullied, relationship or friendship problems, body confidence issues or dealing with my parents’ divorce; there just always seemed to be something going on to detract from my happiness.

So you can only imagine my surprise when I came to the realisation the other week that, for the first time in my life, everything is good.

"I just wish that younger me had known that it was possible to be this happy all of the time."


I honestly am at a place in my life where, for the first time ever, everything is going really well. I started my new job, which I’m really excelling at and absolutely loving. I have a buzzing social life and am surrounded by all of the best people I’ve ever known. I’m in a good place financially, I’ve got some exciting travel plans to look forward to, as well as other upcoming events that will be a lot of fun. I’ve got a new found confidence in myself and have finally learnt to love my body. What more could a girl want?

Being an aunty to Abby's beautiful little baby certainly puts a smile on my face!


I really feel like it’s about time everything looked up for me. I’ve gone through a lot of hard times and struggles in my life, particularly in my teenage years where I was bullied continuously, went through some really low points and had to deal with my parents divorce too. It’s a relief to me now that my twenties are on track to be the happiest years of my life so far- I only hope they stay as good as they've been so far!

Now that I’m so happy all of the time, it makes me angry to think about all of the time that I wasted being sad- and over such trivial things most of the time too! I’m more than making up that lost time now- I just wish that younger me had known that it was possible to be this happy all of the time.


Finally, I'm learning to love myself completely.


It’s easy for me to preach about happiness and self love and confidence now that I’ve finally reached this positive place, but as someone who has spent so many years being miserable and unhappy with all aspects of her life, I think I’m obliged to tell you that it can get better- that it does get better. It’s all about your mind set and the lifestyle you choose to live, really. 

Change your outlook on things. Cut off people who don’t add value to your life. Do more of what you enjoy and less of what you don’t. Pamper yourself often. Be healthy. Get enough sleep. All of these small changes will contribute to one big change.

Life is too short to be anything other than happy. I’m sad it’s taken me this long to realise it, but glad that I’ve finally learnt. I have never been so content, so at peace within myself- so bloody happy. 

It’s never too late to turn it all around.

Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

  1. So glad to hear you're much happier now! I know the feeling of having your happiness affected by something negative, so it's great to get to a point in your life where you are 100% happy. You deserve it! :)

    Chichi
    chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Chichi, that's put such a smile on my face! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.