IT'S A BIG DAY



Today is a big day. A life changing day. A momentous occasion. 

Today, I didn't open a packet of contraceptive pills to protect me for the next twenty one days of my cycle. Today, I will not be taking a pill that contributes towards a fake period, mood swings, headaches and - worst of all, for me- weight gain. 

Yep, it's been five, almost six, long years but it's over. On Sunday the 23rd of October I took my last pill and for the first Monday in forever I will not be starting a new packet. It's been a hard decision to make, because the pill is so...so, convenient. I can skip periods if I have an event or holiday coming up, it eases tummy cramps and so on. 

But it's time for a break. I had no idea that periods on the pill weren't 'real' so to speak, until about a year ago (I know, stupid me right?). Also, it's not recommended to be on the pill for more than five years, so my time is up. And also, over the last year I have heard nothing but bad stories and experiences from friends and bloggers who use the pill. 

Truthfully, it was the weight issue that was the deciding factor for me. I definitely gained weight on the pill, and I've been told my weight loss will be more effective when I'm off the pill, as well as losing weight just by not taking the pill anymore. I'm hoping not using the pill will help me lose the weight I've been trying to lose since- well. Since I started taking the pill! 
               
BEFORE TAKING THE PILL

AFTER TAKING THE PILL
                                                                               

Obviously the weight gain has not been purely down to the pill but  it has contributed massively. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to having real periods again, getting in touch with my body again and getting everything working healthily and organically. 

Let me know about your experience of coming off the pill! Is there anything I should be expecting? Let me know in the comments below! 

Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.