Pre-birthday celebrations!



Okay, so my birthday isn't until Tuesday but I'm going to be celebrating my birthday for the next week, and it all kicked off today with a pre-birthday meal to TGI Friday's with my mum and my sisters. None of us had been before or knew what to expect so we were all really looking forward to going. I knew it wasn't a particularly fancy place to go but I decided I wanted to dress nicely anyway, so I even bought some new culottes or the occasion (I totally don't have these trousers in three different colours now...)





When we got to TGI's we realised it was more of an American diner style restaurant than we had thought! Outside the sign was lit up with spotlights and there was an almost life sized yellow taxi outside, like a New York cab! 




When we got inside we were seated right away by an incredibly friendly waitress, and our waitress for the night (who was different from the one that greeted us) was equally as friendly! She was polite, attentive and helpful with food suggestions and whether to go for small portions or large and so on. The atmosphere was very nice, there was a good, varied playlist and the decor of the restaurant was pretty cool too! Because of the time of year that it is, there were Halloween decorations up and everyone was dressed in Halloween costumes, which was cool! 



The menu was very varied, with a lot of options to choose from so it took a while to pick something! Eventually I settled for the creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with a Woowoo cocktail, while my sisters and mum all settled for a Cheesburger Deluxe.





The desserts menu was just as plentiful and it took at least ten minutes to choose what we all wanted but eventually we ordered a cookie dough New York cheesecake, a popcorn brownie sundae and a rocky road sundae (which was mine!).



What you don't know about your dessert is that if you're celebrating an occasion, when they bring your dessert over, the whole waiting team come over, make you stand on a chair (although I didn't do that as I was in heels!), say "Hi my name is *insert name* and it's my birthday" and then they all make the restaurant pipe down, introduce you to everyone eating and sing a birthday song with lots of clapping to you! It was a little embarrassing I must say but it was also a nice touch and I really enjoyed it. On this day a year ago I had the singing dog at Frankie and Benny's and this year I had singing waiters at TGI Fridays! 

It was a really lovely meal. The restaurant was great, the food was delicious and the staff were all so lovely. It was a great way to kick off my birthday celebrations and I would definitely make a return! 


Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

  1. Wow! The food looks so tasty! Good to know you had a lovely birthday dinner! :D

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.