Makeup Revolution I AM FREEDOM Final!



Last night (Thursday 27th October) I had the pleasure and good luck of attending Makeup Revolution's I AM FREEDOM finale party/Halloween party! I had attended the Makeup Revolution second birthday party back in March and so when I was emailed about this party, I knew I had to attend, because boy, oh boy, do Makeup Revolution know how to throw a party!

The theme was cocktail party with your own Halloween twist, so everyone's outfits were quite varied! While my bestie Bobbie was sporting a pair of angel wings, and my blogging pal Julia a unicorn horn, I chose to stick simply with Halloween colours- red and black. I wore a red sequinned cocktail dress and went for scarlett lips, blood red nails and a dark smoky eye look. To be honest, I was really feelin' myself, and I did receive a lot of compliments which was nice, so I'm definitely going to be trying this look out again! 

Excuse my yellow eyes! 


The party was held at DSTRKT in London, somewhere I'd heard about lots but never been too, so already I was excited. When we arrived, there were Halloween decorations and Makeup Revolution products everywhere- in contrast to the Halloween decor, there was a Christmas corner, with a Christmas tree and all of the Revolution products from this year (I want them all!). 





Drinks were free all night and you could have as many as you liked, which was a bonus! The canapes circulating the room were also amazing- mini burgers (difficult to eat at such a glamorous occasion), mozzarella bites, chicken satay and sushi; you were hardly stuck for choice! 



There was a photobooth/gif machine like last time, which was as fun as you would expect! I really love making silly gifs of myself, as vain as that might sound! 





The competition itself was intense. Adam Minto, founder of the Revolution, gave a heartfelt speech about how much we all meant to his business. He's always so humble and appreciative, it's quite lovely! Due to technical difficulties, there was a brief Q and A, where I went straight for it and asked "Will you hire me?". He laughed and said that most people on his team were from social media and has asked for their jobs, so he didn't say yes...but he definitely didn't say no! There is hope yet...



While everyone was casting the votes for who they wanted to win, people suddenly noticed that there was something inside some of the Halloween decor...at the front of the venue there was a large cauldron that everyone, myself included, had been taking selfies with. This cauldron turned out to be FILLED with Makeup Revolution products! It was like a lucky dip and you could take as much as you wanted! I came away with a nice variety of products but I would just like to say that wow. Some of the girls- and even the boys!- were like s a v a g e s. I swear, some were basically doing handstands into the cauldron, not letting anyone else in, taking as much as they could like they'd never seen, been given or used a makeup product before! It was quite disgusting behaviour from some, but aside from that negative, it was quite fun having a dip into the cauldron and coming up with a surprise!



Anyway, the five finalists modelled their final look for us down a cat walk before we had to cast our votes! The final result was decided 50/50 by the guests of the party and by the panel of judges. All of the girls looked so incredible! (Xana was made up as a unicorn which was amazing!) and the results were so close that they actually classed four of the five girls as 'second' and then the winner! And the winner was... Lorna! Which I was so pleased about because I voted for her!


Lorna, the winner!



She was fortunate enough to win a cash prize of £20,000, a years supply of free makeup and a years contract with Makeup Revolution- which I'm not envious about at all.

After the results had been announced, the party began! There were hired dancers, some banging tunes and everyone just seemed to be having the best time- it was genuinely so much fun! Over the entire night I got to see the likes of Vix and Kirsty again, meet Laura from Lola&Behold and was reunited with my blogging pals Naddy and Julia, who I was at the previous event with, which was just lovely! Of course, my best pal Bobbie was there too and I also got to hang out with Xana a bit, so it was a really great night!






As we left, we were given cute little pots of sweets with fluffy pom pom gifts. These were the perfect snack for the long journey home! 



Makeup Revolution, you never disappoint! I had an amazing night, was spoiled rotten by the brand and got to hang out with some of my favourite people in the world. I love blogging, I feel so blessed by the doors it has opened to me and the people it has brought into my life and I'm honestly just so grateful! I can't wait for the next party...I hope I'm invited!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.