Keep hold of the past



I feel like I've blogged about a very similar topic to this before, but today I wanted to talk about the importance of looking back.

The past isn't always a happy place, there is absolutely no denying back. It can be filled with regret, mistakes, misery, unhappiness. Alternatively, it can be filled with happiness and joy and love. Either way though, its unhealthy to live in the past and a lot of people don't like to look back on most of it. However, for some things, it can be important to look back on your life and make comparisons to where you are now. 

Today, I was emptying a drawer of mine and I found the first, second and third issues of my magazine, Love from... . I looked at the first issue and I burst out laughing! Compared to the second issue it looked like a primary school project, and compared to the issue out now...well. There is no comparison. But for a moment, I really sat and reflected on the last two years of my life, particularly on my career. Without looking backwards on my career, I wouldn't be able to see how far forwards I had moved, and so for that reason, I really valued being able to reflect. 

I have also been taking the time to reflect on how I have evolved as a person this year. This time last year, I feel like I was totally different. I don't know if the change has been visible to other people, but I feel that both physically and mentally there have been a lot of changes- and these changes would not have been recognised by myself if I hadn't been able to look back on my past and make comparisons to where I am now. 

Now, there are some things in my past I'd like to totally forget, and I'm sure you have some things you wish you could wipe from your mind too- that is totally fine, of course it is! But don't wipe your past out completely. Whether you like to believe it or not, your past does contribute to the person you are today- and sometimes you need to look back on your past to appreciate the changes you've made or to see where it all went wrong and learn how to fix it. 

The past can be a lesson and a blessing. It can definitely form a better future for yourself, it you learn from it properly. 

Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

  1. I agree - for myself, looking back on the past helps me to address issues that may be holding me back from progressing in the present.

    Also, looking back helps me to see how far I've come, and that makes me feel happy. :)

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.