50 Shades of Eve-Yasmine!

So, unless you've been living under a rock for the last year, you'll have heard all about the controversial series of novels- and now, an even more controversial film- 50 Shades of Grey. Raising questions as to whether the relationship between the two main characters is a healthy one and inviting people into a new world of sensuality and sex toys/positions you would never even have imagined, the series has caught the attention of anyone and everyone. To me, the parts of the books I did read were dull, and for now my feminist self has decided to boycott the movie too. However, I cannot deny the amazing soundtrack that has been created for the movie. Featuring artists such as Ellie Goulding, Sia and The Weeknd, the album hosts a great variety of music.


The most enchanting song has to be Queen B's latest version of 'Crazy in Love'. Slowed right down, the song has a whole new sensual take, fitting for the month of love and the 'romantic' film. I must admit, I was impressed.

What impressed me even more though, was the gorgeous Eve-Yasmine's divine cover of the song.


Eve's music is normally funky and upbeat with a bright, urban vibe to get you buzzing. Her cover of this slower, smoother tune is a real turn in Eve-Yasmine's style- but one that has worked out incredibly well for her! With nearly 5,000 views in just three days, her latest hit is racking up more than 1,000 views a day- and I for one can see why! It's so good, it's also been featured on SBTV's website- which is a huge deal for any artist, but especially an up and coming, rising star such as herself!


Not only is the song beautiful, and incredibly flattering on Eve's voice and vocal range, but the video is equally as pleasing. Filmed in black and white, set in a bar and with the only people present being Eve and a lone pianist, the video has a real 20's feel to it- different in the modern era we are living in, but it works. Minor technology, only Eve's voice and a piano...everything has been stripped right back, and it just works. I have always been a fan of Eve, but this has raised her even higher in my eyes. As an artist, she just keeps going from strength to strength, and I can't wait to see what she pulls out of the bag next!

Eve is performing at Canvas Bar on Valentine's Day at 7pm. For more information about the gig, or just to keep up to date with what she gets up to, follow the links below:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eveyasmine.secondpage?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EveYasmine


Of course now you'll be wanting to check out the song and video in all it's shining glory- you can do so right here!

I hope you love Eve and her work as much as I do! Tweet her your feedback, or leave a comment below! Happy Valentine's Day!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. I love when someone takes a song and completely changes it up with a piano or acoustic version!

    A great soundtrack seems to be the marketing tool of the moment for feature films. The Hunger Games did the same thing end of last year. I can't say it makes me want to go and see a film but I do appreciate the good music!

    When it comes to 50 Shades of Grey I won't be going to the cinema to see it but my misgivings have more to do with the fact that she wrote it based on someone else's intellectual property. I'm all for fanfiction, as long as people don't try to profit from it, which is exactly what EL James did. I think it's pretty shameless.

    Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's done a really good job!!

      Yes it really does, soundtracks are getting way better than they used to be- music seems to be playing such a larger role in films now! Ditto, I still won't go and see the film!

      Yes, that is a point I had completely forgotten about! So many reasons NOT to go it seems! Thanks for commenting! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.