Achieving my dreams!




Today's post is a short but sweet and oh so chatty one- a bit of a life update really! I wasn't going to speak about this until it was 100% official but I have just set the wheels in motion and I'm way too excited to hold it in any more, so I may as well share it with you guys...

I am returning to education!

Okay, so doesn't sound like a big deal I know. I currently study an NCTJ Diploma in magazine journalism online, but in September I will be going back to 'proper' education- and I literally cannot wait!

I don't want to jinx anything too much so I won't go into much detail but here's the gist of things; I have found a perfect course, a diploma, in radio broadcasting, at a college in London. It's three days a week for less than the usual uni fee of £9,000 and lasts for six months- it's absolutely perfect for my lifestyle and has a 100% employment rate at the end of the course. Furthermore, it has produced several Radio 1 DJ's, such as Gemma Cairney, as well as artists like AlunaGeorge and Mark Ronsen. 

As some of my oldest and most loyal readers will know, being a Radio 1 presenter is my absolute dream job. Discovering this course thanks to a connection I made yesterday has been like a light at the end of the tunnel- suddenly, my dream job is back in sight, it's something I can make a reality

I have to take out a loan from the bank, and this is something that I have applied for today! Fingers crossed I get it and then I can enrol with a September start.

Did I mention there's a weekend course in LA too? 

I am so, so, so excited! Hard work is paying off, taking me everywhere. I thought I may regret not going to university and missing out on that 'uni lifestyle', but the paths I am choosing instead are making me a lot more successful and are a lot more exciting than I feel studying for 3-4 years would have been! I feel so happy with my career choices right now and am so looking forward to being able to train to be a radio presenter, working with some industry professionals!

Have you made any career changing decisions recently? Are you doing something exciting to better yourself? Let me know all about it in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Like this? Why not try... Do you love your job? | A letter to my haters

Comments

  1. Super excited for you hun!! Fingers crossed you get your loan approved!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek thank you!! I hope so, otherwise I'm gonna be a little bit stuck haha! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.