Working from home!



Working from home has it's major advantages- but it's not all sunshine and rainbows! I have a few jobs, so I currently work part time from home, running Love from... magazine and as a freelance journalist, and then I work part time in nurseries and at my local Topshop. I love the balance I have, but sometimes there are days when I wished I worked fully out of the house and days where I wished I worked fully from home, and very often I'm also hit with "you're so lucky getting to work from home!"- so I thought I'd share the pro's and con's of working from home with you! 



PRO'S.

- You can have lie in's, it doesn't matter when you wake up and start working because you're your own boss!

- Similarly, you can stay up as late as you like, working through the night if you choose because, again, you have no set time to wake up in the morning.

- You can work from your bed- amazing, right?

- You can cuddle your pets whilst working. 

- You don't have to work with people you don't like.

- You don't have a boss in the same way you have a manager at retail. Yes, someone sends you a brief or something similar but they don't 'boss you around' in the same way. 

- There's no uniform... you can even work in your pyjamas if you like!

- You can use social media and your phone whilst working, even if they are massive distractions. 







CON'S.

- You don't have to start at a set time. This means you can often find yourself procrastinating and then panicking you haven't done all of the work you need to.

- You lose your social life a bit, because you literally just spend your time at home. 

- Headaches. Spending all day every day in front of a screen is not nice for your head, or eyes!

- No boss. This means that there's no one to set you straight when you're getting distracted.

- You don't always make as much money as you would like...freelancing can be a roller coaster in terms of making in comes, there is high moments and dry moments.

- No alarm. You can find yourself sleeping through the day and so losing out on work time.

- You work odd hours...whilst at work you have set shifts, six or eight hours. When working at home, I often find myself working as long as twenty hours a day, which is exhausting! 


So whilst the pro's do slightly outweigh the cons, working from home is mostly pretty fun...but it can be a lot harder than people think, mainly due to procrastination and distractions! Do you work from home, or wish that you did? Let me know if you agree with my pro's and con's in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for earnings $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.

    SUBSCRIBE TODAY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.