Getting fit!



Weight loss, body image and feeling comfortable in your own skin is something I blog about pretty regularly. As of April 1st, I began trying a new technique for losing weight and getting fitter. Rather than restricting myself to a strict diet that I knew I would fail at all over again, I set myself something a little more realistic- doing 10,000 steps a day and eating a set amount of calories per day; 1,400 to be exact. If I go over the calories, I have to do more steps, simple as! 

Well, it's been two weeks since I started this regime so I thought that I would update you guys on how it's going. I have quite often been below my calorie intake, normally consuming 1,200 rather than 1,400. Sometimes I have gone over (usually at the weekend when I have a movie night with my sister or something similar!). I have only once hit my goal of 10,000 steps. I usually average between 5,000 and 7,000. Considering I used to do only 2,000 steps (according to the app I am using) this is definitely an improvement- for the rest of April I'd like to push 10,000+ steps, in order to burn 500 calories. 

Now, whilst there has been highs and lows, and despite the fact that I am only two weeks in, I am already seeing a vast improvement to my body. Here is how I currently look (whilst flaunting my new Ivy Park gear!)


So yeah, my thighs are still a little bit chunky and my belly is still a little bit chubby but overall, I am happy with the progress that I am making, and the difference that it is showing on my body already! Hopefully in another two weeks time I will have an even better photo to show you all! 

Wish me luck!

Love from.
Florence Grace



Comments

  1. I love your idea of tracking your steps rather than following a diet, diets never work! I've just got a FitBit and I've been trying to get 10,00 steps a day, it's harder than you think!

    Good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

    xxx

    eliseroseloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it definitely seems to be paying off so far so seems like a better idea! Ah I was going to get a FitBit, waiting for pay day! It definitely is haha.

      Thank you! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.