Things feminists are tired of hearing



I have identified as a feminist for about 4 years now, since I had a life changing history lesson and learnt the ins and outs of this powerful movement, and what feminism had actually done for me. Since then, I have battled it out with several idiots (including my then boyfriend) about why I'm a feminist and what it means. I'm always hit with the same old lines, and I thought that I'd share them with you too- if you find that these are things you say to feminists, just stop now. Us feminists are sick of hearing this:


So, you hate men? Yes. Definitely. As a feminist, I believe in equality of the sexes. But sure, if you think that means I hate men, whatever, sure. We'll go with that. 

eye roll bitch please krysten ritter disbelief kill me


If it's about equality, why isn't it called 'equalism'? Because it's not about equality of all people, it's about equality of the sexes oh my lord. Equalism and feminism are two different things. 


idk lena dunham golden globes shrug i dont know


If its about women and men, why is it FEMinsim like female? Because it's about women, and the female attributes that men are mocked for having, like, you know, emotions. 




But women are weaker than men...? Oh for goodness sake. Maybe some are physically, some aren't. But women are strong too. They deal with a lot in life. Regardless, why should women be treated differently down to something as menial as strength?




Shut up and get back in the kitchen where you belong! Oh, how original. I haven't heard that one before! HA HA ha ha...ha...ha. 

reaction no laughing hahaha no laughing no


So don't you shave? What in fresh hell...? Some women shave, some don't. It's a personal choice and doesn't really relate to the fact I think men and women should be equal. It's also none of your business what I do with my body hair.

realitytvgifs  real housewives rhoa real housewives of atlanta annoyed



If you're a feminist, what are you sick of hearing? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace





Comments

  1. As a feminist I am so sick and tired of people assuming that I hate men or that I'm radical in some way. Also, because of my ethnic background some people think that it's unusual to be a feminist, as if something is wrong with me, but feminism isn't limited to certain groups of people. Plus, I've even had people say to me that I should just submit to a man and let a man be a part of my identity. No, just no!

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.