WATCH OUT it's a snake!



Snakes. They are everywhere

I'm not talking the kind of snake with scales that eat deers whole- that would be pretty terrifying. No, I'm talking about the kind of snake disguised as your best friend, your pal- and to me, they're even more scary than a real snake. 

If you still don't get what I mean, I'm taking about people with two faces- three, four, five faces! Recently I have been surrounded by such snaky people and to be honest with you all, I am sick of it. 

Is it really that hard to be a genuine person with everyone that you meet? 

I am a very genuine and honest person. If I don't like you, believe me, you will know about it! I will be courteous if I have to be for whatever reasons, but if I don't have to acknowledge you, I won't. You aren't someone I like or want to be in my life so I won't pretend that you're a part of mine. I will just act as though you don't exist.  

Now, that doesn't mean I don't moan about my friends from time to time. You know, to Alec or Ricarda I'll whine about "why is BJ always late!" or I'll say to my sister "Bobbie has edited the photo so she looks great and I look like a potato" but do you know what? It's nothing I wouldn't say to their faces, and that's the difference between myself and a snake. You could ask them right now and all of them- especially BJ!- would tell you how upfront and brutally honest I am with them about how I'm feeling towards them. If I'm peed off, you'll know. If I'm happy with you, you'll know. I just don't understand why you'd pretend to like someone and then stab them in the back the next- is this something people genuinely enjoy? 

Let me give you an example of major snakyness. We'll use four girls, Amy, Beth, Cathy and Dolly. Amy and Dolly don't get along. Cathy tells Amy she too dislikes Dolly and Beth remains impartial- she has no feelings towards Dolly but occasionally enjoys a joke at her expense. Occasionally, Cathy will engage in a "bitching" session about Dolly with Amy- always instigating it. Sometimes Beth will join in but mostly she just listens, not saying anything about anyone. And then one day, Amy notices that Cathy and Dolly are hanging out together, chatting, laughing, getting along. Cathy starts acting shady towards Amy and Amy doesn't understand why. A short while later, Cathy is being friendly with Amy again and back to slagging off Dolly. This cycle continues to repeat itself. 

I mean, that is harsh, right? Why would anyone do that ever? Unfortunately Amy, Beth, Cathy and Dolly are an accurate representation of most girls in friendship groups nowadays and it's really quite disturbing. If you don't like someone, you don't like them. If you do like them, great. But what could you ever gain from pretending to like different people depending on who you're currently hanging out with? It makes you seem fake and no one will trust you with anything! Why would you want that? It's quite a psychotic way to live your life, constantly pretending to be a person that you aren't, altering your personalities around different people in order to be liked by whomever you are with...it's just totally bizarre.

I don't consider myself to be a 'snake' and I don't see that I ever will be one either...and now, I think it's about time I released the snakes in my life back in to the wild! All they bring is drama, nastiness and negativity, and ain't nobody got time for that!

Do you know a snake? How have you dealt with a situation like the one above? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Like this? Why not try... A letter to my haters | Girl on Girl hate

Comments

  1. The title of this post made me LOL!

    I've met many 'snakes' in my life - in my family, at secondary school and at university - and the best way I deal with these 'snakes' is to keep my distance and/or cut myself off. They're just not worth it, they are toxic, they're horrible and they are extremely draining, because they just cause misery. Snakes in the grass tend to be manipulative as well as bitchy, so they can mess with other people's heads. They're poisonous - not literately.

    Watching out for snakes is important in life, and it's important to keep them as far away as possible.

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always Chichi, I couldn't agree with you more! No time for manipulative, bitchy people of any kind! Definitely so important to watch your back nowadays!

      Flo xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.