2016 in songs and pictures



2016 has been a very up and down year, both personally and globally. So much has happened, and I know I'm not the only one who can happily sit here and say that 2016 has definitely changed me. I'm not the same person now as I was at the start of this year! Now, as a musician myself and someone who is completely obsessed with music, I know that I definitely wouldn't have got through this year without the help of some of my favourite artists; I also know that some of my best memories wouldn't be the same without certain songs that were involved in them (if that makes sense). So here is my ultimate 2016 playlist- which songs helped me through each month, which songs were personal to me in each month, which songs provide good memories for me in each month. It's a mixture of new music and old, so I hope you enjoy it! I've also added in some photo's that accompany each month, just to break up all the reading for you guys (thank me later).

JANUARY
January was a hard, hard month for me. I wasn't at my happiest and I was in a very bad place. While my music choices are a little depressing, the photo reminds of one of the best days in January- and of the year so far. I don't know where I'd be without my lil' gang. They treated me to a surprise meal out and bowling trip, I celebrated BJ's birthday with them and they basically dragged me out of a massive black hole in my life. 

If I Were A Boy- Beyonce
Lies- Marina and the Diamonds
Don't Speak- No Doubt
Who Knew- Pink
Someone Like You- Adele
Not Like The Movies- Katy Perry
Love The Way You Lie- Eminem
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift
Don't Let Me Get Me- Pink 





FEBRUARY
A total girl boss month for me! I had a double page spread in Amor magazine and my article was featured on the cover of the magazine too! I bought myself a new phone- actually upgrading to an iPhone!- hosted the first of what would come to be many games nights with the gang, celebrated my first single Valentine's Day with my best friends and ventured back into the world of clubbing with Alex, who would soon become my best friend ever!

Formation- Beyonce
Work- Rihanna featuring Drake
Irreplaceable- Beyonce
Oh no!- Marina and the Diamonds
Sweet Nothing- Florence Welch and Calvin Harris
Clarity- Foxes
Boom Clap- Charli XCX 
Stay- Rihanna featuring Micky Ecco
Out of Time- Blur




MARCH 
March went by so quickly! It was my Dad's birthday, I went to see Foxes with the gang and we had a great time in London together, I passed a journalism exam for my course, I attended the Makeup Revolution birthday party and met Scott Mills there which was AMAZING, I had a 'thing' with a guy (in the loosest sense of the word that has only lead to many months of being fucked around!) and I became a 'town rat' (lols). March was great!

Fighter- Christina Aguilera
Body Talk- Foxes
No Angels- Bastille featuring Ella Eyre
Gravity- Ella Eyre
Bubblegum Bitch- Marina and the Diamonds
Song 2- Blur
No Scrubs- TLC
Dirty Talk- Wynter Gordon
Boy- Anne-Marie




APRIL
In April, I had a makeover from Bobbie that changed my life- and the makeup I use! I had work experience with Channel 4 which was amazing and opened so many new doors to me, IVY PARK was released at Topshop and I bought everything, I made an online store for my magazine and was awarded the honour of being May Princess for my town for the following month! I always knew I was deserving of a crown...

One Dance- Drake
Stronger Than Me- Amy Winehouse
Do It Right- Anne-Marie
I Got U- Duke Dumont
Beautiful People- Chris Brown and Benny Benassi
Miss Independent- Ne-Yo
Hair- Little Mix
Please Don't Go- Mike Posner




MAY
May was a great month! I had a buzzing social life, I lost lots of weight, I was the May Princess for my town, me and Alex did some filming for Channel 4 and I got my first ever set of lash extensions, which started a new love affair for me! My best friend Abby also told me that she was pregnant- and I have never been so excited in my life! 

LEMONADE (yes the entire album)- Beyonce
One Dance- Drake featuring Kyla
Close- Nick Jonas featuring Tove Lo
I Loved You- Blonde featuring Melissa Steel
YMCA- Village People
Hair- Little Mix
Work- Rihanna



JUNE
One of the best months of the year! It was Alex's birthday, we celebrated for three days straight! I also went on holiday with my best pals and had the time of my life! My magazine also turned one so that was something to celebrate too! The only downside to June was the Brexit result...but for all the good memories I made, I'm willing to overlook that. 

One Dance- Drake
Too Good- Drake featuring Rihanna
Sex With Me- Rihanna
Hold Up- Beyonce
Fuck You Better- Neon Hitch
Birthday Sex- Jeremih
Birthday Cake- Rihanna and Chris Brown
Birthday- Katy Perry







JULY
Another jam packed month for me, July was all about the music! I went to Wireless, EDC and also got to see Beyonce live- one of the best nights of my whole entire life! I also visited Brighton for the first time with my best friend, Alec, and I tried out being vegan too...

Formation- Beyonce
Halo- Beyonce
Somebody Else- The 1975
Sweet Nothing- Calvin Harris and Florence Welch
Feed 'Em To The Lions- Solo 45
Viva La Vida- Coldplay
Daddy Lessons- Beyonce
Kiss It Better- Beyonce
I Got U- Duke Dumont
Nobody To Love- Sigma
This Girl- Kungs vs Cookin' on Three Burners







AUGUST
My weight loss was on a roll in August, and I lost more in this month than any other month this year I think! It was also Alec and Ricarda's birthdays, I bought myself a new Michael Kors bag after earning a freelance bonus. August also saw me purchasing a fancy planner and becoming a sticker addict...I don't care if I'm 21 I still love stickers okay! Lastly, my sister and I booked a trip to Amsterdam which gave me something to look forward to- and made the next couple of months fly by!

Chocolate- The 1975
King- Years and Years 
Perfect Strangers- Jonas Blue
Return of the Mack- Mark Morrison
Pretty Girl Rock- Keri Hilson
You and I- Galantis
Habibi- Eve-Yasmine
Karate- Anne-Marie




SEPTEMBER
I was invited to the Barbie movie premier (which I missed, sigh), I went to a gig in Camden with Alec, it was Abby's baby shower which was so cute and best of all, I started working with 4Music again- my face was all over the TV once again which I loved! I got to go to the studio's to film another live show too which was so much fun- and Will Best recognised me from last year haha! 

Fade- Kanye West
Same Ol' Mistakes- Rihanna
Shut Up- Stormzy
Bed Rock- Young Money
All Eyes On You- Nicki Minaj, Meek Mill and Chris Brown
Sorry- Justin Bieber
Don't Hurt Yourself- Beyonce
Dangerous Woman- Ariana Grande
Work From Home- Fifth Harmony





OCTOBER
Chloe's birthday night out, Bobbie's birthday, getting the chance to tell Reggie Yates how much he means to me, returning to Amsterdam, Makeup Revolution's Halloween Party...what was bad about October? Absolutely nothing!

Show Me Love- Robin S
Seek Bromance- Tim Berg
Yonce- Beyonce
Who Do You Think Of?- M.O
Shout Out To My Ex- Little Mix
Pretty Green Eyes- Ultrabeat






NOVEMBER
I turned 21! I had a week of birthday celebrations with all of the people who mean the most to me and was absolutely spoilt rotten! I lost even more weight, me and Pops took Abby on her first night out in nearly a year, I got to see Anne-Marie again with Alex which was fab, Bobbie (Abby's baby) was born I spent more time with Lauren...honestly, the first month of being 21 was pretty fucking awesome.

Birthday Girl- Stormzy
Touch- Little Mix
Then- Anne-Marie
Gentleman- Anne-Marie
Easy- Mxther
Starboy- The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
Diva- Beyonce
Missing You- Gabrielle Aplin
One Thing- Amerie
That's My Girl- Fifth Harmony







DECEMBER
December was a bit of a weird month. I've spent the vast majority of it in a drunken haze what with the work Christmas party and various nights out too- I've been partying pretty much non stop this month and as a result have made some hilarious memories and also some new pals which is cute. I've been to Winter Wonderland and had a brilliant Christmas where I was spoilt rotten, but other than that it's been a bit of a quiet month where I've actually just been working on myself- trying to get myself out of a rut I was stuck in, working on my weight loss (lost another 2 inches yay!) and just focusing on ending the year with a bang! 

Driving Home For Christmas- Chris Rea
Find Me- Sigma featuring Birdy
Peak- Anne-Marie
I Would Like- Zara Larsson
I Feel It Coming- The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
Years & Years- Olly Murs
Loving Someone- The 1975
Black Barbie- Nicki Minaj







Looking back, it seems like my year has actually got better as the months go on- I know I've changed for the better, in so many ways! And this post has actually given me the chance to reflect on what a good year it's been for me too! I've been very lucky, in lots of different ways and I guess I should thank my lucky stars for that. In particular, I'd really like to thank my friends who have all stood by me through what I thought would be the hardest year of my life. My friends both online and offline have been amazing and this year definitely wouldn't have been as brilliant without you. You know who you all are! Roll on 2017- may it be even better than this year has been!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.