Shoutout to my boys




As a single girl in 2016, let me tell you it is actually incredibly difficult to get yourself a boyfriend. Myself and my friend Alex are constantly in disbelief at how badly we can be played, how straight up ridiculous some guys can be and to be honest, I know I speak for both of us when I say we are just exhausted with the whole "seeing each other slash dating" kind of thing.

It's not like I'm even asking for much! I'm not looking for David Beckham (hey, it would be nice but I know he's taken). I just want a fun guy who has his shit relatively together and isn't still hanging around at parks with kids on a skateboard or on street corners dealing drugs (too salty? Oops). Apparently this is too much to ask for, and after a final boy disaster last month, I had decided that I had had enough and was literally just going to fuck boys off altogether. Who needs them, you know?

And then I realised how selfish this was. Of course not all boys are the same, and it's not okay to paint them with the same brush etc. etc., but there are two boys in particular who I absolutely will never fuck off or give up on. Those of you who are true fans of my blog (lol) or have me on social media will know that, of course, I'm talking about my superstar best pals BJ and Alec.



Honestly, these two are some of the greatest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They have absolutely dragged me through 2016, no matter how many times I haven't wanted to move on or let things go, no matter how many mistakes I've been insistent on making, no matter how many guys I present to them and say "but what about this one?" only to be met with a "nope", these guys have stuck through me thick and thin.

Both of them have been there for me in my hour of need, at all times of day. They both know me inside out and back to front and pretty much better than anyone else does. They look after me, they look out for me and, to be frank, I feel like they are the only boys I will ever 100% need in my life. If the next guy I manage to date (if it ever happens in this town) is half the person these guys are, I know I will have done well for myself. These two probably still won't like him, but I'm sure as long as I'm happy, they'll accept him!



These two are living proof that not all guys are the same, and they're living proof that genuinely lovely guys do still exist. I needed this reminder to share with my single lady friends who want to give up, to all the girls who think that every boy is a fuck boy and won't treat her right and most importantly, as a reminder to myself.

Alec and BJ, I love you to the moon and back and always appreciate you more than I could say x

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.