The best concerts I've been to



Before I jump into this post can I just say how is there just over two weeks left of 2016?! This year has gone unbelievably quick and I am so proud of myself for producing a blog post every single day! Go me yay.

And now to the post! I absolutely love going to concerts and gigs and festivals, its one of my favourite things to do! There's absolutely no better feeling than hearing someone you've listened to for ages and absolutely love live for the first time- I don't think, anyway! There's also nothing worse than going to see someone and them turning out not to sound that great (Thanks Wembley for ruining Eminem for me!) Anyway, I thought I'd share with you guys some of the best people I've ever seen live. You probably won't be surprised by a few of them...

Beyonce
Obviously Beyonce was going to take the top spot! I'm not even saying this because I love her so much, she was honestly flawless in her performance. She sounded better than she does on her albums, she danced pretty much non stop whilst singing (making me realise how much I need to up my fitness game) and even sang totally acapella at one point which was amazing. I cried at almost every song and don't think I'll ever see anyone better than her! 



Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie is just incredible live. Her style is so unique that one minute she'll be singing at a relatively average pitch and then suddenly out of nowhere she'll belt out this incredibly high note that blows you away! Like Beyonce, Anne-Marie sounds better in real life and absolutely exceeded all of my expectations both of the times that I've been fortunate enough to see her. 



Plan B
I always forget how much I like Plan B's music and I always forget that I saw him live a few years ago (mainly because I am filled with guilt about how I stole my mum's tickets). However, his performance was so good. He can rap, he can sign and he interacted with the audience really well too, which made for a great overall performance. 

Marina and the Diamonds
I've seen her twice now and both times she has absolutely blown me away. Not only does she have a really great stage presence but her voice is just amazing and she sounds just as good as she does on audio, if not better! She also dresses to the style of her album (only Marina fans will probably get that) which is really cool too. When I saw her in her last, she was in her Electra Heart phase and she just looked beautiful. (I also got to meet her last time too, which was amazing).



The 1975
I didn't like The 1975 much until I saw them at Wireless festival, realised how great they actually were and completely fell in love- they genuinely sounded so good I couldn't believe it, and they just came across as really genuinely nice guys on stage too, which made the performance even better! 



Calvin Harris
Obviously someone as fab as Calvin Harris wouldn't disappoint, and he definitely didn't when I saw him at Wireless. I'd seen him a few years back and he was just kind of average, but when I saw him this year it was like seeing a completely different performer. He also bought on lots of different people, including the likes of Will bloody Smith, so it was a really great set from him! If I could relive any of the performances I've seen this year, it would be a tough tie between him and Beyonce!  



Kanye West and Jay-Z
The Watch The Throne tour was honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been. Its pretty much top with Beyonce. I don't listen to much of their music anymore, but honestly the memories I have of this show are unreal- the pair on stage together were just so fucking good! I don't think I've ever been so upset for a show to be over! They were just flawless, and they went big too! The lighting, the props, the running order of songs...just brilliant. 



I've been fortunate enough to go to so many gigs, and I already have a tonne more lined up for the next few months which I am so happy about, but these are some of the performers who stand out in my head even now! Tell me the best people you've seen live in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. You have been to so many concerts! I really want to go to more because it is so fun xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very fortunate that I've been going to concerts since I was about 5 and try to go to at least two a year!! Definitely look out for cheap indie gigs if you want something different to do with your evening! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.