My birthday!



Yesterday I turned 21, yay! I had an absolutely incredible day that I posted about all over social media (haters gonna hate, read my view on you guys here: A LINK FOR HATERS ONLY) but in case you somehow missed all of my updates, I thought I'd share my day with you right here on the blog!

Turning 21 here isn't as big of a deal as it is in America, but it is still special...you get to basically celebrate 18, 21 and then 40. Because I'm now not going to have a 'special' birthday for 19 years, I really wanted to go all out on my 21st so I've had/I'm having four celebrations. I already blogged about the pre birthday celebrations at TGI Friday's with my Mum (catch that right here) and I'm having drinks with my work girls tomorrow and then a 'party' on Saturday (but I'll blog about those at a later date!)

So. Let's talk about yesterday. Well, to be quite honest I was treated like a princess and absolutely spoiled rotten. I started my day home alone while everyone was at work or school. I wasn't allowed any gifts until everyone was home, but my Mum had left me a "small something" to keep me going until the afternoon, which turned out to be a gorgeous, rose gold Guess ring! I love Guess jewellery so much, so I was very pleased with this!



I got out of bed to find the house decorated with pink and silver 21 banners and bunting and ballons, as well as a big pink 2 and silver 1 balloon (kudos to my sister, who must have passed on the message that I wanted a pink and silver theme!) When my mum came home at lunch, she gave me another small present- a Rainbow Dash My Little Pony toy (I don't care if I'm 21 I still love My Little Pony okay). And then it was a waiting game until about 4pm when everyone came home and was ready to give me their gifts!



My youngest sister, Vieve, got me a Thomas Sabo '21' charm which I was so happy about as I've been meaning to restart my Thomas Sabo charm collection all year! She also got me some absolutely incredible Haribo- pink unicorns in a 'fairytale' bag that are strawberry and candyfloss flavoured! Absolutely perfect for me, right?!

My other sister, Clo, got me a giant bag of pink and white marshmallows and an incredibly fancy bottle of Moet and Chandon pink champagne in a fancy box! I didn't even know you could get pink champagne, which shows how much I know hey...

My wonderful mum totally spoilt me! As well as the ring and the MLP toy from the morning, she bought me a 'tacky' 21 gift, a sparkly wine glass with 21 emblazoned on it! Then there was the most amazing present- a unique, one off Beyonce doll! I gasped when I opened it because it is genuinely so amazing, she is so gorgeous and I absolutely love her! She even has a "21" necklace on!



My big presents from her were a gorgeous baby pink and rose gold Ted Baker purse and a completely divine black leather Ted Baker handbag with a sweet gold bow on the front! I really, really wanted a Ted Baker bag and purse so I was absolutely elated with this gift! I felt so lucky too, and so, so spoilt.



I spent the evening with my sisters, my Dad and his girlfriend Zoe. When I got to their house, there were lots of balloons and bunting up, and a special 21 balloon, as well as a neat little pile of presents, yay!

I hadn't really asked for much this year, so had absolutely no idea what to expect. I was lucky enough to receive a big box of chocolates, a bottle of rose (everyone seems to know that I love pink alcohol...!) and a big pink lip balm shaped bag which contained four Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lip glosses! It's totally bizarre as the day before I had nearly bought one of the lip glosses and then decided not to...clearly that was fate intervening. I also received a large bottle of one of my utmost favourite perfumes, Lady Million by Paco Rabanne.

My special present was truly incredible; a Michael Kors smart watch! I had mentioned that I liked these watches but had absolutely no idea that I would be getting one. I was absolutely amazed, and the watch itself is amazing too- it's basically a phone on your wrist. I can even control it with my voice!



We went out for dinner at The Grove, which was the last part of my present. The Grove is a five star hotel that is often frequented by celebrities- Barack Obama was there in April! So you can only imagine what it looked like, although I couldn't get any good photo's as it was dark. We ate in The Glass House, which was a huge, fancy buffet. The food was absolutely delicious and I was treated like royalty- we all were! When we arrived, our coats were taken, and our seats pulled out for us to sit on. When we left, a gentleman actually put my coat on for me and then we were driven back to our car in a golf cart as our own car was parked quite far away!





I ended my day curled up in bed, replying to lovely messages, surrounded by beautiful gifts and feeling overly content with my life! I was so spoilt and so lucky the entire day and I feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends.




How did you celebrate your 21st birthday? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.