STOPPING SNORING

This could be the last blog post I ever write- ever.

Okay, it probably won't be but I am genuinely scared of dying in my sleep tonight. I'm not even doing anything drastic haha, I am literally trying a night time throat spray. Let me explain...

Since pretty much birth I have had problems breathing through my nose. Crazy, right? It's not that I can't do it; I definitely can. However, I can't do it easily. If I need to breathe through my nose, I have to honestly sit and really force my body to do it. It comes naturally to me to just breathe through my mouth and essentially, forget I even have a nose to use for breathing. It's never really been a problem for me; sometimes my family and my friends complain that my breathing is slightly louder than they would like as we try and watch a film together, but other than that, it doesn't really affect me and people don't really notice.

One thing it does affect is my sleeping. As a child I was such a heavy breather at night that my sister would hurl toys at me in the darkness of our shared room to shut me up because she couldn't sleep! Sometimes I would snore, sometimes I wouldn't. It wasn't a big deal. I even managed to share a bed with my ex boyfriend for over four years and not have him complain much- I think he literally only woke me up once to tell me I was unbearable to sleep with, which is good going right?

So you might understand why I'm a little confused as to why in the last year or so my snoring has gotten so fucking bad? It's not every night, but it's more nights than its not. Most mornings I wake up to find my sister, who I share a room with, has moved to the sofa downstairs. I've looked up all of the things that cause snoring to get worse and none of them apply to me. I'm not over weight or gaining weight- I'm actually losing weight and am over a stone lighter than I was this time last year-, I'm not a heavy drinker and I'm not a smoker.

I am now incredibly self conscious about sharing a room with people, even my best friend Bobbie, although she tries to make me feel better about it but honestly it doesn't work. So after some online research and some advice from a pharmacist, I've decided to experiment with some different things that supposedly 'prevent snoring'. There's some tablets, a mouth wash, a throat spray, a nose spray and of course nose strips, so a lot of products to work my way through hoping for a solution!

The first thing I'm trying is the throat spray. I've had to be careful as some of them aren't suitable for people with nut allergies and almost all of them aren't suitable for people with asthma (apparently because if these ailments I'm devolved...you know who you are). Anyway, I have found one suitable for me and I'm trying it tonight. I'm only slightly worried that a side effect is that your throat can swell up but I'm going to use it about an hour before I intend on sleeping so there's plenty of time for me to have an allergic reaction and be able to do something about it... I hope.

So guys, are any of you snorers? Are any of you bad snorers? If so help me please! I never used to be this bad and I really want to stop being such a warthog!!!! Its utterly embarrassing and really stressful for me too haha! If you know something that's going to help me out, please feel free to comment it below, I will so appreciate it!

Wish me luck with this new product...I hope it works!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.