Things I Never Thought Would Happen



Last night, breaking news was published at 00:01 once a court order had been lifted, sharing the news that one young girl who passed away from cancer aged 14 was going to be the first British person to have her body frozen, so they could attempt to 'bring her back to life' when they had found a cure for cancer. I was absolutely amazed- until BJ told me this is already a thing in America and that Walt Disney is frozen. However, I'd not heard that it was a real thing before so I was absolutely gobsmacked. 10 year old me would never have believed that this was a thing, and it got me thinking about all the other things younger me would never have believed would happen.

We would have plastic money
Me and my best friend Alex got so excited when I withdrew some brand new £5 notes from the cash machine for the first time. We were amazed at how the money looked and how small it was and just how...weird it looks. I would never have thought one day I'd be using plastic money.



Phones would lose their buttons
Honestly, who would have guessed it? Who knew that our days of learning to touch type but pressing certain buttons a set amount of times to write different words wouldn't last forever? Not me! I was so quick at typing on buttons, people used to actually watch me in awe and ask how I did it (not even a joke!), but now there's no buttons I'm even  faster. 

Selfies would be a thing
I don't remember when people stopped taking photo's of each other and started taking photo's of themselves instead, but it happened in a big way. I mean, Kim Kardashian bought out a book literally just of her selfies. And people bought it! That's crazy, right? 



Social media being a big thing- least of all my thing
I distinctly remember slagging Twitter off and declaring how I would never use it because people didn't need to know all about my life... but look at me now. 63,000 tweets down the line and I'm using social media to run my own business, build a brand and create a career. Who would have guessed huh?

People would stop buying CD's
At home, I have a huge collection of CD's (I say me, I mean my mum). We actually struggle for storage space! CD's/music has always been such a huge part of my life and I can't help but feel a bit sad now that people aren't so bothered about buying CD's because they can just digitally stream everything! 

Pausing TV 
Honestly, simple things please simple minds, am I right? I honestly don't know how I managed before I could pause, rewind and fast forward TV programmes. (It's a particularly handy feature for when I'm on the TV lols)


No more videos!
Similar to CD's, I had a huge collection of videos. Obviously this changed to DVD's but now you don't even need those! With Netflix and Amazon Prime, you can watch films whenever you want straight from your laptop, which is pretty insane. 

What things have changed in the world since you were younger that you would never have imagined? Let me know in the comments below! 

Love from,
Florence Grace 




Comments

  1. I still buy cds! I might be old fashioned in that way lol but I still love a paper/book type diary opposed to my phone version, cds to digital cos they travel with me in my car and paperback books over a kindle cos after a day sat staring at a computer screen the last thing I want in an evening is to do the same when I'm delving into my latest novel lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum still buys CD's too for the same reason I feel, I might start making more of an effort to buy CD's instead of just digitally downloading everything all the time! Yes I definitely prefer paper back books too! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.