How being single changed me



When you're single, you're one person. In a relationship, you change. And after a relationship, you change again. 

To be honest, the idea of 'you' is a very fluid concept, because you can literally change at any point in your life- it's totally up to you! 

I definitely changed in a relationship, and now that I'm out of one, I've changed again. I've noticed, my friends have noticed and my family have noticed. So, how has being single changed me exactly? (Spoiler alert- it's another gif filled list coming your way!)


1) My confidence improved. 
I don't know how or why this happened, but it just did. I guess, maybe, I didn't want to do things in case I let down my partner or embarrassed them? I don't know. Either way, my confidence has increased massively since I became single and I love it. 



2) My self-love increased.
I had always been so down about myself, about my weight, my looks, my personal style and so on. In a relationship I had been told I was perfect as I was and I should never change- my hair should always look the same, no make up or tattoo's or anything to alter me at all. And at the time, that was fine! But now I know how wrong this was- my dress sense has improved, I try more make up looks and hair styles and when I look in the mirror, I'm starting to like what I see!

flirting confident confidence dressed up aplomb



3) I have more fun!
Before, I was stuck in the same old boring routine, which mainly revolved around watching TV. Now, I do lots more- I've bought concert tickets spontaneously, had games nights with friends, gone out clubbing more, gone out for dinner, gone on a pub crawl in London...I've just had more fun in the last few months than I have in a long while!! 

fun party real housewives excited real housewives of orange county



4) I saw who was important.
Since I could cut the love of my life for the last five and a bit years out of my life just like that, I gathered anyone else would be way easier- I know what I deserve now, so if I don't want you in my life, best believe you're gonna be gone quicker than you can say you're sorry for whatever mistake you made!




5) I toughened up.
When someone you love more than anyone puts you through hell, everything else seems relatively easy in comparison and right now, not much gets to me. My skin has thickened even more and even my mum said "This experience will only toughen you up- which is a pretty scary thought considering how tough you were before".

And it's true. People don't wanna mess with me. 



Do you find that you change when you come out of a relationship? For better or for worse? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace




Comments

  1. Fab post hun! It's amazing how certain life experiences can change us. Sounds like you're doing just fine!! Good to hear! Sending lots of love your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! Yes, it definitely is! Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  2. Sooo true Flo! Glad you're doing well xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.