HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKE UP REVOLUTION!

Wow.

Wow.

All I can say is... wow.

I have loved Make Up Revolution products since I discovered them just under two years ago. I had just set up my blog and they began following me- flattered that already a brand was following me, I followed back. I quickly discovered that amongst the new bloggers I was connecting with online, Make Up Revolution was the brand to use. So I did!

Since then I have gone on to buy endless palettes, lip products, face products, the advent calender which provided me with a further 25 amazing products...and I have never been let down. Most products are under £10, they're all amazing in terms of quality, the colours are always super pigmented, they always last all day and they don't even test on animals. What more could you want from a brand?

I was so excited when I was invited to the brands second birthday party, and this all took place last night. Obviously, with such huge involvement in the blogging community, Make Up Revolution had a lot riding on this event- if it absolutely sucked, the world would know about it instantly. Of course, it didn't suck. It was an incredible night, and as I've said all over twitter and facebook already, the generosity and the gratitude of TAM and of Adam as an individual are incomparable.

Held at the Cafe de Paris in central London, when we turned up the event we were already being photographed and filmed like celebs. I had never been to the venue before and was amazed at just how glamorous it was- I felt even more like a V.I.P when I was greeted with a fancy looking (not so fancy tasting) drink on the door.







To the left of the room where four different tables displaying both new and old products for you to look at. So here's some sneaky spoilers for you all! In the week commencing March 21st, there will be a new chocolate palette released from the I <3 Makeup range, a black one which looks absolutely incredible, it has some stunning shades in it! Around the same time, an entirely new and completely different looking palette will be released, one that has been created by a British beauty blogger! And finally, a range of hair products (including baby pink hair dye that I intend on using this summer!) that is going to be released in June! The hair range also contains shampoos that look like smoothies (packaging included!) and hair stripper and dye removal and so on! It looks really impressive. 







On the other side of the room there were some Superdrug products. To be honest, this didn't interest me that much...excluding the brand new emoji lip balms that cost just £2.99 and are launching this month! I will seriously be buying every single one. Seriously. Not even joking. 




Food and drink was constantly being circulated around the room, all of it being delicious (EXCEPT the onion and sea bass things- they were gross!). The free alcoholic beverages were in an abundance and your hand was almost never empty! I had two cocktails but my favourite was definitely this one....




It has a bloody chocolate flake in for goodness sake! Amazing!

For a bit of fun, there was a ring light set up around an iPad or tablet of some kind where you and your friends could make gif's with Make Up Revolution props! This was a massive attraction all night long and me and my friends (one old, two new!) made some ourselves! 




But of course, the highlight for me was the celebrity DJ. I believed with all my heart it was going to be Zoe (Zoe London DJ). She was a blogger, she was involved in the bloggersphere, it made sense. Me and Naddy (pictured in the bottom gif!) discussed maybe a radio DJ from Radio 1, Captial or Kiss but it seemed quite unlikely. Well, guess what? It was only bloody Scott Mills from Radio 1 wasn't it! Seeing as being a Radio 1 presenter is my dream job, I was thrilled...and even happier when me and Naddy managed to get to the very front row, meet Scott and have a little chit chat with him! 





He told me that when he retires, he's going to give me a call so that I can have his job...and I am most definitely going to hold him to that! 

A big part of the night was Adam, founder of Make Up Revolution and TAM's speech. It lasted about 25 minutes, had a few video glitches, but overall was incredible. I got teary on more than one occasion, turning to Naddy and saying "It's getting a bit emotional!". My heart was filled with love for all of the bloggers around me and for the brand itself when Adam said, "Bloggers, you complete me". So often bloggers are unappreciated and not taken seriously. Make Up Revolution is one of the few brands that realises bloggers are the driving force behind it, and to be seriously thanked in such a heartfelt way, rewarded with this birthday celebration...well, it was amazing! 

Superdrug clearly value the brand too and recognise it's hard work. Not only are they the only store that stocks Make Up Revolution products, but a competition was announced during the night with a £1,000 cash prize for four runners up and £10,000 (yes you read that right!) for the winner- Superdrug doubled all of these numbers! 

As a final way of saying thank you, every blogger received a goody bag upon departure and boy oh boy did they spoil us. I feel shocked, blessed and above all grateful- and definitely proud to be part of the revolution! I've had a lot of requests about what's in the goody bag...so here you go! I've rambled on for long enough so this is just pictures- no words! 













WHY did I buy the Revolution version of this just days before...At least now I have a spare!





 


How spoilt were we! The palette is gorgeous, it's got a rounded corner base rather than square and a leather top...it looks like a tablet! And the colours are to die for. Seriously. 

Make Up Revoltion, you went above and beyond for your best customers this year- us bloggers! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of such an incredible celebration, for spoiling me so much and making me feel like a total V.I.P and, above all else, for allowing me to be a part of this fantastic revolution. This make up changed my life and has boosted my confidence within myself hugely. Make Up Revolution, Adam, bloggers might complete you, but YOU complete ME! 

Happy birthday, Make Up Revolution! 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. Wow! This event looks so amazing! ɪ would have loved to have been there! ːD

    Chichi
    http://chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good! Hopefully you will be next time :)

      Delete
  2. Had a great night with you old friend :P xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.