#SeptemberStudies- Don't be a sheep




There isn't much to say in this post today. It's not a helpful list, a set of guidelines, some useful information. Today's post consists of one piece of advice, from me to you. 

Do not follow your friends.


I mean it! Of course, in this case, I'm talking about university and college etc. And my advice to you is, do not follow your friends. Don't select GCSE's or A Levels because you want to do the same ones as your friends. Do not select a college or university course based on what your friends are picking. Finally, do not pick a college or university, or to even go to college or university at all, based on what your friends are choosing to do. 

At 20 years old, I can safely say I have been 16, 17 and 18. I've been there, worn the t-shirt and I know what it's like. I know you want to be glued to the hip with your BFF's. I know you don't want to be the only one from your group of friends in a particular class. I know the idea of starting at a new university or college alone, without the safety net of your friends, is a scary move to make. 

But it is worth it. 

I am telling you now, if you make all of your educational decisions based  on the decisions your friends are making at the same time, you will be unhappy. You'll end up in subjects you might not enjoy, doing work you don't want to, going to a university you aren't happy with- all for the sake of your friends. 

Let me tell you, high school friendships are very fickle and you will probably not be friends forever (some people are, I have a very cynical approach I know). So if you make life long decisions based on a not so life long friendship, who is the real winner? It isn't going to be you. 

Make your own decisions, no matter how scary it may seem to be doing something independently. You will thank yourself in the long run and hey, you might even make some new friends! You're not going to be totally and utterly alone. 

Don't follow your friends to university or college or through A Level's and GCSE's just because you want to remain as close as ever with your friends. Real friendship will last distances and breaks anyway. Make decisions that are right for you and make you happy

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.