An update on my weight loss



So as you will know, I've been trying (yet again) to slim down, tone up and boost my health. I've been trying to get in 10,000 steps a day (or as close as I can) by going on long walks, which has been especially nice now that the weather is better in the evenings! I've also done something else a little different the past two days...

I have cut down on my carbs!

Now, those of you who know me will know what a huge deal this is for me. Bread, pasta, crisps, it's all my favourite! I eat carbs excessively and not much else, due to the fact I strongly dislike almost all fruit and vegetables! However, my mum has been encouraging me to cut back on the carbs and I have already seen a difference! 

Of course, I can't- and never would- cut out carbs completely. But I am trying to only have one, maybe two carb-y things a day. For example, my carbs were the bread in my sandwich, and three small new potatoes with my dinner- I had salad and a chicken breast with hard boiled eggs for dinner (getting in the protein), and last night I had salad and a gammon steak. Yes, I know, salad two nights in a row! It really is a new me. 

Anyway, I hadn't paid much attention to my body until my mum said "Have you noticed a difference?" "Yes" I joked "I feel hungrier!" but when I felt my tummy it did feel far less...bloated! My tummy wasn't sticking out quite so much and it didn't feel as...puffy. I couldn't believe there was already a change in just two days but there was! 

So I'm going to be continuing with my walks and in addition to this I'm going to continue with a low carb diet and I'm going to see where I am this time next week- hopefully I will continue to slim down, bit by bit and finally get the body I had before I got into a relationship, overate and got 'comfortable'. Sigh. 

Have any of you tried cutting out carbs? Is it something you'd be tempted to try? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.