Can you be your own source of inspiration?



I love coming up with creative, imaginative ideas. I love being told that my ideas inspire others. And I love being inspired by other people. But is it actually possible to be your own source of inspiration? 

I think the answer to this question totally depends on the idea you need inspiration for and the kind of person that you are. 

When I started my stationery line, it wasn't because I was inspired by one particular person- I knew stationery was easy to design, order and sell as I'd seen countless online 'celebs' do it, so I wanted to as well, being the stationery lover that I am. So I did have some source of inspiration but not from anyone in particular. The idea was mostly generated from my own mind. 

Starting my magazine was totally my own idea- but could I subconsciously have been inspired by the magazines I'd been reading when I was younger? I feel like the idea came totally from my own head, but it might not have done. 

I don't deny that I have people I look to for inspiration, Beyonce, my mum, Tom Hanks, countless TED talk speakers, and so on. I also have 'things' that inspire me, certain magazine articles I've cut out and kept, books (Freaky Green Eyes by Joyce Carol Oates is my go to!) and blogs. 

But I am also my own source of inspiration, because I look at what I have previously achieved in life and then use that as a starting point to inspire me to do better, be better, work harder, achieve more. 

I think it's important to have several sources of inspiration to lead a creative, successful and exciting life- especially if you're running a business of some kind- but I don't think this prevents you from being an inspiration to yourself. I think it is totally possible to be your own inspiration- and I think it's pretty awesome if you are. 

I inspire myself- do you inspire you? 

Love from,
Florence Grace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.