Reasons 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging' sucks


If you're a girl, there's a high chance you've watched 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging' at least 50 times, as well as having read the entire Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison. When I was 12, I got it on DVD along with a portable DVD player and I legitimately watched it every single day for about six months. The books and that film taught me how to be a teenage girl, helped me through endless problems and provided me with no end of crazy laughs too! 

However, when I watch it now, eight (!!!) years on, with my 13 year old sister, I can't help but notice that whilst the film is great, it simultaneously sucks too. Don't believe me? Here's the reasons why...


The film combines two books, mixes up story lines, misses out details and get's things wrong. Yes, I know it's only an adaptation but at the same time, it really bugs me. 

movie perfect running random title


Georgia is literally the WORST friend ever! She is selfish, she is self centred and she is mean too all of her pals!


Her friends are also sucky. Her friends failing to tell her about their costume change at the party, and then telling her boys won't like her for funniness? Eff off. Some friends!



There is a character called 'Slaggy Lindsey'. Because her boyfriend is the boy Georgia want's to go out with. Highly problematic. 


They stalk Lindsey and spy on her through the window with binoculars as she gets changed. Pervy, creepy, just not okay!



Georgia essentially steals Robbie from Lindsay by lying. About a god damn cat!


Robbie is a douche. He cheats on his girlfriend, and when he breaks up with Lindsey he gets with Georgia the next day! Girl code 101, this is not okay! 

love perfect aaron johnson snogging



What do you think? Do you feel that ATAPS actually sucks? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Like this? Why not try... Films to see before you die | Films with the best soundtracks!

Comments

  1. I'm with you on every point but I still love it haha! I just wish Aaron Johnson still looked like that now!

    Sian x
    theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I still love it! But I'm a little more critical when I watch it now! Haha yes, don't we all!!!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. Georgia is selfish and a real bitch at times; she tries to steal a guy's girlfriend throughout most of the movie and only decides she wants to move to New Zealand when her life is going shit. Lindsay in my opinion isn't even the real villain in this film - she's no angel (she doesn't really have any personality), but she has every right to be pissed off that a girl won't stop coming after her man. Also, one of the earliest lines in the film 'boys don't like girls for funniness' is a terrible thing to say in a film aimed at young girls. I agree with you about Robbie - he may be sexy but he's definitely a douche. Plus Georgia's friends are all pretty stupid, especially Jas who's the dumbest of all. Only likeable character in my opinion is Tom. I loved the film and the books growing up (books are much better, film misses out tons of details) but looking back at it now it's actually a pretty stupid movie. Mean Girls is way better.
    Check out my blog: http://www.zarinamacha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.