Getting eyelash extensions!



Today I did something very exciting...I got my first set of eyelash extensions! It's really bizarre because I had been contemplating getting them and then all of a sudden my best pal Abby was like "hey, I've done a course in eyelash extensions and need some people to practice on for free, you up for it?"- so of course I was like yes

I was a little nervous as I've heard mixed reviews about eyelash extensions. Some people said that they were great, some people said they ended up damaging the natural lashes- overall though, it was obvious that it just depended on where you got the lashes done and whether you looked after them correctly. 

I was also nervous because Abby had told me it would take two hours to do and that most people end up falling asleep- something I definitely didn't want to do! What would I do without my phone for two hours? What if I needed a wee? What if my eyelids got glued together?

Of course, I had no need to worry. Abby was very professional, we had music playing and conversation flowing and so I didn't fall asleep, my eyelids did not get glued together and I didn't need a wee- it was all fine! 

I wish I had taken a "before" photo, but here's an old selfie so you get the idea of what my lashes looked like before the extensions:




And here is what my eyelashes looked like after Abby had worked her magic: 



Don't they look so lovely? I didn't want them to look overly dramatic, just a little bit more than natural and normal- if I remember rightly, these are 11mm in a "glamorous" look, but Abby might correct me on that. I literally love having lashes that stand out, look nice and long and have a permanently curled look too! 

The after care is a lot more simple than I thought- don't get them wet for 24-48 hours, don't use waterproof make up (like mascara) and don't touch them or brush them excessively. Simple, right?

I love how my eyelashes look and will definitely be getting them replaced over and over once they've fallen off! Then I can have fabulous lashes all the time, which is what every girl wants right?

Have you ever had eyelash extensions, or have I tempted you to get some now? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Like this? Why not try... Are you a narcissist? | Character over contour! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.