I got all my sisters with me!



Today I did something I've never done before; I went out for dinner with just my sisters. 

My relationship with my sisters is, as I imagine, the same as it is for everyone with sisters. One minute you're the best of friends, the next you're at each other's throats. For me, I've found my relationship has improved with both of my sisters as I've gotten older. When my parents split up, it was an emotional time, and I feel since then I've grown closer to my youngest sister, doing all I can to make her happy. I take her shopping, buy her treats and spoil her rotten, just to make her smile. 

My relationship with the middle sister is a little more turbulent. On and off through our teens we have had a love/hate relationship, especially when our boyfriends had an intense dislike for each other too. But I've been there for her at some of her most emotional moments, and she for mine, and even if we're in the biggest battle, it doesn't matter. If one of us is upset, the other is there for her, and that's what matters, right?



Over the last year or so, whilst I feel we have grown closer, there has definitely been more distance between us. My youngest sister has begun to develop her own social life and does her own thing and me and the middle sister are working multiple jobs all of the time whilst she handles a boyfriend and I handle my social life. Sometimes I go for days without seeing my middle sister, despite sharing a room with her. It's very rare to get all three of us in the same room. 

So today, we all went for dinner and an evening stroll. We were only together for two hours but it was two hours to catch up, have a gossip, laugh our heads off at stupid things and buy My Little Pony toys to add to our collection (yep, at 20, 18 and 13 we still collect MLP's!). We have agreed to try and do this at least once a month, just the three of us, because as I've said, it so rarely happens. 



I love my sisters to pieces, and even when we fight, they are still my best pals and my number 1's! I will always try to make them happy and, as the eldest, I will always try to look after them to. 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.