Becoming a vegetarian



Yes, it's true. I have been considering becoming a vegetarian. (Gasp, shock, horror I know!)


I have been a meat eater for my entire life. It's how I was raised, I eat it almost every day, I adore bacon sandwiches and cheeseburgers, and I have never felt the urge to be a vegetarian. I have had to have a partial vegetarian diet in the past, due to the fact a guy I was dating and his family were vegetarian. I was over at his house almost every day sometimes, and it meant eating vegetable pizzas, having quorn mince instead of beef mince- and having lots and lots of cheese. Eventually, though, he started to eat meat and we didn't have to do this anymore. 

Now I've started this new healthy eating 'phase', I am eating salad, fruit and vegetable's almost every day. I have some animal products, such as some ham in my wrap, or a hard boiled egg for protein, but I'm wondering if I could cut these out for good? 


I don't think I'd miss the meat too much. Maybe I'd crave a bacon sandwich now and then, but if I can get over sugar cravings, I can get past bacon cravings, right?

It's smaller things I feel I would miss- pigs in blankets at Christmas, the cold meat dinner on boxing day, eggs, cheese (brie and halloumi!) and prawns. This is why I'd maybe be a pescatarian, so I could still eat fish and eggs. But I've seen what chickens have to go through to lay eggs for our consumption, and, just like all the other animal video's I've seen, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. 

I've always been a supporter of the "but we're supposed to eat meat!" team, but now I'm wondering if it's just healthier not too (as well as far more decent to animals who suffer for our satisfaction on a daily basis). It's not something I'm going to jump into, but it's something I'm definitely going to consider very seriously. Until then, I'm just going to try and cut down on my meat consumption generally and see how it goes.


Have you made the transition from meat eater to vegetarian or vegan? How did you find it? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.