Let's try again...!



Guys! You're going to kill me because yet again I am writing about my (failing) diet and my weight loss attempts. 

So I guess the good news is that I haven't gained any weight...but the bad news is that I haven't lost any either. 


I had wanted to lose a stone in July. Now, half way through the month, I'm kind of guessing that's not going to happen. So I started having a read of some blogs and a watch of some videos to see if there was any way that I could really get inspired and try harder than ever before to lose the small amount of weight that I want to shift! 


It wasn't until I watched Velvet Gh0st's latest video about healthy snacks that I realised where the problem lied. It wasn't that I didn't want to eat healthily. It wasn't that I couldn't eat healthily. It was that I didn't like eating healthily. My mum makes healthy meals full of vegetables, but I don't like vegetables, so I don't always enjoy the food I eat. This then causes me to crave my favourite foods- such as crisps- and I end up snacking, which is no good.

So, what about if I make my own food, make my own snacks and try things that I think will be tastier? Pitta breads featured heavily in several videos that I watched, with ideas including pitta bread pizzas and pitta bread strips and hummus rather than crisps or chips with a dip. Hard boiled eggs featured quite a lot too (I love eggs) and of course, salads- which I may enjoy if I make myself, using only ingredients I like, right? For example I don't like tomatoes but I do love pepper, spring onions and mushrooms. 

In Velvet Gh0st's video she also made crispy chick peas covered in spices and garlic etc. for flavour. As a girl who loves snacking on crisps, this also seems like a healthy alternative. Several of the videos showed using low fat cheeses and spreads, which is something I don't really keep an eye on, as well as using wholemeal bread instead of white bread (no cutting out carbs completely over here!). 

It's safe to say I feel pretty inspired after seeing all of these super simple, super quick snacks and meals to make that are a bit healthier than what I already eat. Tomorrow I plan on going shopping after work to stock up on some things so I can begin to make my own healthy meals (my mum will love not having to cook for fussy lil' me!). Let's hope this could be the solution to my diet problems! 

Do you have any great, quick and easy healthy snack/meal ideas? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

P.S... is halloumi healthy? Because I have a new obsession and just want to eat it allllllll the time!

Comments

  1. Try Slimming world! It's great, I lost 12lb in my first two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed reviews about slimming world. I worry that if I stop using it, the weight will come back on, if that makes sense? But maybe I should give it a whirl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.