I don't owe you.



Since becoming single and starting to meet new people- more like, new boys- using apps such as Tinder and meeting guys on night's out, I've noticed a lot of men ("not all men" of course) have one thing in common. 

They feel like women owe them something. 

I've noticed it particularly in night clubs, but just generally, men feel like women owe them a lot of something for a lot of nothing. They want x in exchange for y- more often than not they want sex in exchange for a £1.50 vodka and coke at happy hour. If you're a woman and that floats your boat then go girl, you do you! But I know a lot of women who are approached by men with this mind set and let me tell you, they aren't happy about it. 


I've been approached by men who feel like I owe them something. Let me tell you, the ending of those stories isn't pretty. I have no shame, no embarrassment, a sharp tongue and a short temper. Wind me up and you'll be on the receiving end of it- and so far this year, a lot of boys have been. I have had men get mad at me because I don't go home with them after they buy me a drink, I have had men get mad because I don't reply to a Tinder message within the space of an hour (because God forbid I might have a life!), I've had men get mad because they add me on snapchat and then I don't reply to every single one of their snapchats/send them the "right" snapchats (if you get my gist...). 

The list goes on.

Let's get one thing straight, shall we? As a woman, I don't owe a man a God damn thing. In fact, the only thing I probably owe a man is my dad a £400 payment seeing as he paid for my NCTJ diploma, and even then he explicitly said I did not have to pay him back. Aside from that, I owe nothing. Just because I have two appendages on the front of my chest, a vagina and a pretty smile for a guy who is staring at me in an overly weird way doesn't mean I owe you a thing. If you're nice enough to buy me a drink, I will accept and offer to buy you one back. I don't need to go home with you in exchange. If you ask to dance with me and I say yes, I don't owe you any sexual favours after we're done at the club. Accepting you on snapchat does not mean I have to respond to every single one of your incredibly dull snapchats- I don't owe you a response of any kind, in any way, shape or form. 

deal with it rhony real housewives of new york city sonja morgan real housewives of nyc

Nor does any other woman owe a man anything, or even vice versa. Sometimes, people just wont reciprocate your actions, your gestures and that is something you just have to deal with. If we meet in a club and end up hooking up, great! If we don't, get over it! I don't owe you. He doesn't owe you. She doesn't owe you. 

People need to start taking a look at the way they're treating other people, particularly people they are seemingly attracted to. I'm sick of having to deal with silly little boys who aren't satisfied with my response to a message or who I'm going home with at the end of the night (always Alex!). Get the hell over yourselves and let us girls party on the way we want to! 

Ladies (or even men!), do you feel me? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. This was basically a Queen Bey song in a blog post. The sass was radiating through my screen! Love eeeeeeeeeeeet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha omg that is the best compliment ever thank you so much! Love YOU

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling. I've been through it at university with so-called "nice guys" who try to make me feel as though I 'owe' them something (i.e. sexual intercourse/relationship/a kiss/sexual favours/a date/friendship/FWB sitaution) just because they were "nice" to me. It's pathetic! It's not nice at all. Mature men do not behave like that.

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and you must be soul mates we literally have the same thoughts and feelings about everything I swear! I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.