One week later...



It's been one week since I started my new 'diet' of eating healthy foods that I actually enjoy...and boy am I enjoying it! Who would have though that I would ever enjoy eating healthy foods, and yet here I am, having eaten more fruit and vegetables in the last week than I have done in the last, I don't know, six years or so! Anyway, as it's been one week, I thought I'd share my food diary with you so you could see what's been going on...

Monday.

Breakfast: Bowl of Coco Pops, glass of water. 
Lunch: 4 cream crackers with low fat margarine and ham, a handful of button mushrooms and some prawns with two glasses of water.
Dinner: Pitta Pizzas (one pitta bread with tomato pizza base sauce, three slices of mozzarella and three slices of pepperoni), two spoonfuls of home made potato salad and some ordinary salad consisting of lettuce, pepper, spring onions and cucumber. No chips! I also had one glass of a tropical fizzy drink from the fridge as it was a boiling day.

Tuesday.

Brunch: One tortilla wrap with mozzarella and pepperoni, a small grating of cheese, lettuce, pepper, spring onion and cucumber with two hard boiled eggs on the side and a glass of orange juice. 

Dinner: A BBQ chicken thigh, one BBQ sausage in white finger roll, side salad made up of lettuce, pepper, spring onion, tomato and cucumber and then two spoonfuls of home made potato salad. I also had a mini candyfloss flavoured ice lolly- when I say mini, I mean it was the size of my palm! 



Wednesday. 

Lunch: One pitta filled with ham, lettuce, cucumber and spring onion, a handful of button mushrooms, a handful of green grapes and an apple- my first apple in around 6 years! I also had some strawberry infused water which I had made myself at home. 

Dinner: Chicken salad with chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, spring onion, cucumber and pepper, home made potato salad, one pickled egg and two glasses of lemonade. I had some vienetta and a cookie for pudding as a bit of a treat!

Thursday.

Brunch: ? I can't remember!

Snack: Philadelphia breadstick pot thing (kind of like a dairylea dunker pot?) that came to just 120 calories! 

Dinner: Chilli in stand and stuff tacos with salad instead of rice. Ice cream for pudding. 

Friday.

Snack: Another Philadelphia breadstick pot. 

Dinner: A bit of a cheat day! I went out for dinner and had two plates of very stodgy Chinese food from the Chinese eat as much as you like buffet! It mainly consisted of egg fried rice, yo min noodles, king prawns, chicken, mushrooms and prawn crackers! 


Saturday.

Brunch: Salad (cucumber and lettuce) wrap with some ham and some yellow pepper sticks on the side. 

Dinner: It's terrible to say, but I had no dinner. My 'brunch' was quite late and then I went to a friends house for a night out with a lot of alcohol...so I racked up the calories that way.

Sunday.

Brunch: Chorizo and salad wrap with a slight sprinkling of cheese, one hard boiled egg and some yellow pepper sticks with a glass of orange juice and a glass of water.

Snack: Handful of strawberries. 

Dinner: Carbonara with three slices of part baked baguette and butter with an ice cream for pudding. I can sin on the weekend okay? 


Okay, so looking back on that I can already see how much my diet has improved this week- I've dramatically upped the intake of vegetables in my meals, and even had some fruit this week too! Usually I don't even have one piece in a week (I know, I know, how bad is that?). However, I can still see room for improvement- for example, I had three ice creams this week! I know it's been hot but I think one ice cream would maybe have sufficed! Obviously I had my cheat meal on Friday with my sisters but this was a one off treat. Sunday night's meal was very carb based but you are allowed an all carb meal in the week, so I'm not too worried about that. 

In terms of exercise, I haven't done a lot I won't lie. My mum and I despise people saying they don't have time to work out, but this week I have genuinely not had the time, I've had more work going on than ever before! However, this week it's my main focus, to continue with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and also to go for a run or two (although I find them so much harder without my sister running along side me, motivating me so we shall see how that goes!).

I'd also like to point out, a lot of days I'm having "brunch"/just two meals. This is because my shifts are awkward times e.g. 10-3 or 11-5 so I kind of miss the lunch period, as I don't get a break on shifts that are less than 6 hours. This leads me to have just brunch and dinner or brunch and dinner with a snack in between. 

Is there anything you'd add or take away from my current diet? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.