DEVON DAY 4

Friday 24th June. 

Best. Day. Ever.

I'm not even kidding you, today was definitely in my top 10 best moments ever, if not my top 5. It was so incredible.

As you know, we woke up to the EU Referendum vote. All of us voted in, so we were more than a little disappointed with the result. On top of this, it was drizzling and grey and we had our sea safari booked for today, so this didn't exactly thrill us. However, we set off bright and early to the town of Ilfracombe for a spot of breakfast and a wander around before our trip.

]



At 2pm we made our way to the harbour, where we were first in line for the sea safari. It was on a speed boat, and being at the front meant we didn't get to sit on the normal bench seats like the other 8-10 guests. Myself, Alec, Ricarda and BJ had to sit on a thin ledge, straddling it like a bike seat. There was a metal bar in front of me and Ricarda for us to hang on to and the boys sat behind us. At first we were a little wary of this seating arrangement, but it turned out to be the best seat in the house. 




I hadn't been in a speed boat since I was 13. It was an experience I loved then and one I loved even more now. There is genuinely no words to explain just how great the trip was. First of all, the weather improved massively, with the sun coming out and the temperature rising. Whilst we didn't get to see any dolphins, we did see some seals which were cute. But for us, the best part was how the speed boat was treated as a...ride! The driver was clearly bored of the same old trips and instead took us for the most incredible, bumpy, exhilirating ride over some huge waves! One wave jump was so big I went flying out of my seat almost above Alec's head- if I hadn't been hanging on for dear life, I would for sure have gone over board! It was an hour and a half of the most fun I have ever had in my life, and now all I want to do in my free time is be driven around in speed boats!




After the sea safari trip, we decided to spend a little more time exploring the town of Ilfracombe. I'm glad we did because we discovered several ice cream parlours with incredible flavours such as white chocolate with malteasers, as well as discovering an item in a gift shop that was not only pink but had my name on- my name! That never, ever happens! It was a stamp, and of course I had to purchase it. We went to another arcade to play on the 2p games again, but they were disappointing this time round, laid out differently and not very generous when it came to letting you win! 





Returning home for the evening, we decided to go out for dinner to a pub in the village we were staying in. As it was our first meal out, we decided to dress up a little more. I'm always wary of 'pub grub' but the place we ate at could not have been more classy, the staff could not have been more brilliant and the food could not have been more delicious. Furthermore, they catered to all of our dietary needs- nut free, gluten free, vegetarian- something that has been a struggle all holiday long! I was thoroughly impressed. 





After dinner, we finished our evening off on the small beach close to our house. The sand was almost like mud at the start of the week but today it was perfect, fine, soft and golden. We strolled to the top of some sand dunes and spent an hour or two watching the sunset, having a laugh and taking some photo's for the scrap book. 








Tomorrow is our last, proper full day here, which makes me incredibly sad. I have had the time of my life on holiday with this bunch. They make me laugh like no one else and we have had so much fun together. I'm so lucky to love and be loved by such amazing people! It's the best feeling ever to have such fab best friends. Whilst I'm sad the holiday's almost over, I'm looking forward to the few plans we have left...let's just hope the weather holds out! 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.