Adulting




The other day I went for lunch with two of my girl friends, one of whom is pregnant. We hadn't seen each other in a while so it was really good to have a nice long catch up. Some of the conversations we had included topics such as senile parents, the cost of nappys and raising a child, moving out, petrol prices and how much it costs to run a car, engagements, job problems, financial issues, baby names and relationship problems.

At the time, I didn't even notice it. I was just chatting away with my friends, talking about all of the issues we were having with life. Now, when I think back to that lunch date, something hits me...

I am an adult.

I was talking about nappy prices! Baby names! How much petrol to put in a car! Just a couple of years ago I would have been talking about the latest school drama, what essays we'd been set, had I missed an assignment, gossip from last weekends party. Now me and my friends are talking about proper, grown up things. I mean, come on. If you know me, you'll probably find it equally as bizarre that I was talking about finances, cars and house prices.!

It's quite a scary thought that now, I'm an adult. I'm totally in control of my whole life and I (hopefully) have a nice long life ahead of me to evolve into even more as an adult (learning to use a washing machine might be a good start...). Secretly though, I'm revelling in it. I always wanted to be older than I was. I always wanted to be "grown up". And whilst sometimes I am hit with a tidal wave of nostalgia, wishing I could play with MyScene's and Sylvanian Family's all over again, I appreciate that they're just fond memories. I'm more excited about learning to drive, buying my first house (if that ever happens!), getting my dream career, starting a family, buying a dog.

I've always wanted to be a grown up and now, finally, the time has come.

Florence is officially an adult. Well. Once she's learned how to use household appliances anyway!

Scary, but exciting, right?

Do you feel like an adult, or know what age you were when you felt like a proper adult? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.