Is Kate McCann inspirational?




This week was going pretty well...until I heard the news that Kate McCann- mother of infamous missing child Maddie McCann- was named one of the top 20 inspirational women in Britain. That's right folks, not only is the mother who abandoned three children under the age of three so she could go for drinks with her friends 'inspirational' but she's actually one of the most inspirational in the whole of Britain!

Bullshit.

Excuse the language, but come on! REALLY?! They were at a lack of that many inspirational women in Britain that Kate McCann somehow qualified?! Someone please explain to me what it is that makes her so inspirational?

Other women listed in the top 20 included the likes of JK Rowling and Joanna Lumley. That's right, Kate McCann is apparently as highly thought of as JK Rowling. Wow. Were there no women who had done great work in the emergency services, no women who had done exceptional charity work, no women living with chronic illnesses or terminal diseases that were still achieving great things? I can already think of a fair few and they're just my personal friends. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of women who are better than Kate.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it over and over until I'm blue in the face; if the McCann family were 'rough', were people of colour or were unemployed, this story would be a hell of a lot different. Kate McCann has been recognised for keeping a high profile of her missing child's case...yes, because she makes hundreds of thousands of pounds for it which she uses to pay her mortgage, as was discovered shortly after Maddie's disappearance. Do they think other parents don't do the same?! Why aren't all parent's of missing children listed as 'inspirational' then?

Nothing has angered me more recently than this. I think to call Kate McCann inspirational is a disgrace. She was neglectful, careless and stupid. She abandoned her children in a foreign country for her own bloody pleasure! There is nothing- nothing- inspirational about that, or about her.

Do you think Kate McCann should have been listed as one of the most inspirational women in Britain? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Like this? Why not try... Why I'm sick of Maddie McCann | What is bad parenting?

Comments

  1. Inspirational woman? According to who? According to which publication?

    Goodness me. I really can't believe this.

    Give me strength.

    What's inspirational about a woman who neglected her children in a foreign country?

    You're right: there are other inspirational women who are much more deserving of the title, and Kate is still getting attention, praise and sympathy because she's a white middle-class woman.

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember now, if you google it, it will come up! I couldn't believe it either, I thought it had to be a joke but nope, it's serious! She's far from inspirational- no parent should aspire to be like she is/was!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.