Love from... turn's one!




June is a very exciting month for me. I've got so many things coming up, and on top of that it's the start of summer too! However, perhaps more exciting for me is that today marks the day when the first ever issue of my magazine, Love from... , went on sale. One whole year! 

Me with the very first issue fresh from print!

What started as a college project for my FMP and was a bit of fun at the time continued on to be something amazing- a 'proper' magazine. I have a great team of writers who contribute to each issue and I've had one off writers too. I've had subscribers and one off buyers. I've started with nothing and put my all into it to create a very small something- that will hopefully only continue to grow. 

I don't make any money from the magazine. All the money spent is my own, I am the only one who edits all of the articles, puts them into the magazine, designs the page layout, interviews the cover star. My magazine is quite literally my baby at the moment and I am obsessed with making each issue the best that it can be. I pour my heart and soul into it, because its more than a project now, more than a bit on the side. It's my business. 

Every issue has only gotten better and better, and whilst I do say that myself, I have had feedback from readers who also agree. Each issue I have learnt how to design a better layout, what size font to use, how to break up large portions of text in the best way. It's all been a learning curve but the improvement is clear to see between issues, which for me, feels like a great achievement. 




I want to take this time to personally thank my team of writers; Justine, Katherine, Abigail, Nicole, Ffion, Leah, Ricarda, Tash, Chichi, Nathan, Siobhan, Fran and Genevieve. Without you and all of your hard work both within the publication and between issues, the magazine would be nothing. Thank you for promoting the magazine online, for sharing it with your friends, for encouraging others to purchase it. You are all amazing. 

I also want to take the time to thank the people who have only written for the magazine once or twice; Adele, Tara, James, Alec, Sarah, Louise, Charlotte, Rebecca and Kate (I so, so hope I haven't missed anyone off there!). Your contributions to the magazine have also been incredible.

A thank you also to our cover stars, Alex from Stoke Skate Co., Ricarda from Bliss Bakery, Lauren from Blonde Vision and Jemma from Dorkface Blog. 

An extra special thank you to my good pal BJ, who has worked tirelessly on the launch of our YouTube channel (keep your eyes peeled) and has done so much filming and photography for me. 

And of course a final thank you to you, the readers. It all started with my blog, and it's continued from there. If you've read my blog, my other online articles, my pieces for Vale Life magazine or Amor magazine, or even bought my own magazine, I want to thank you. None of this would be possible without your help. Thank you to every single one of you who has supported my magazine by whichever means possible, for all of your help and your interest in what I'm doing. It means the world to me.


I'm so excited to see what the next year holds for my little publication, and I hope you will all continue to follow and enjoy the journey with me! 

Happy birthday, Love from...! 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.