DEVON DAY 6

Sunday 26th June. 

Waaa. Today it was time to come home from Devon- and I was not happy about that one bit. We had to be out of our cottage by 11am, and then had plans to spend some of the day in Devon before starting the long drive home. Leaving the cottage was pretty emotional (for me anyway!). We might only have been there for 5 nights but it had felt like home to us, 'our house'. Locking the door for the last time almost made me cry, because I'm emotional like that!




The weather wasn't too brilliant but we drove to Westward Ho! which is where we had gone to the beach. We had a reservation for lunch at the nice restaurant we had tried after last nights dinner failure. We also spent some time taking photo's of the beach and, of course, playing on the 2p machines in the arcade. BJ managed to out do me this time which was surprising! 



After Westward Ho!, we headed back to Appledore to purchase some gorgeous glass necklaces we had seen on the second day here. We also stopped off at a chocolate shop we'd seen before but hadn't remembered to visit. Appledore is really such a cute town, the houses are so beautiful and everything is so quaint! I love it. 



After we had finished up in Appledore we had to face the facts; it was time to go home. We just didn't want to leave! Thankfully the car journey back wasn't too bad but I had wished it lasted longer because I just didn't want to leave my friends. I slept for some of it and don't remember feeling more content than waking up to hear my friends playing the supermarket game but rather than foods they were listing sexually explicit items. It made me laugh and reminded me just how lucky I am to have such brilliant friends. 

I'm so sad that the holiday is over but so glad that it happened at all. This time last year we'd left college and I braced myself to not really see them again. I would have been planning to go on holiday with my boyfriend. Everything has changed so much in the last year but it really has changed for the better and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so lucky and I love my bunch of besties (just for you, BJ) ever so much. 

Bring on the next one!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.