DEVON DAY 3

Thursday 23rd June.

Well weren't we lucky that today was an absolutely gorgeous day in Devon! Waking up to nothing but sunshine and blue skies was the best thing ever...and, of course, it meant only one thing. Beach day!



I decided to be brave today and despite not exactly loving how I look, don a bikini for the day anyway! I haven't worn a bikini on an English beach or in front of people I know since I was about 14, so it was a bold move, but thanks to the cute high waisted bottoms, I actually felt like I looked okay.





We made our way to the most popular beach in the area (according to the internet!), Westward Ho!, which was just a short 10 minute drive away from where we were staying. It was so exciting seeing the sea in the distance getting closer and closer, I felt almost like a child again. When we got out of the car, I just couldn't believe how beautiful the beach was- it actually looked almost like we were abroad!


Whilst the boys played football on the slightly damp sand, me and Ricarda braved the sea and decided to go for a paddle, in our bikini's! Surprisingly, the water actually wasn't that cold and we managed to go in right up to our knee's. Only then did it start to get a little bit chilly, so we decided to make a quick escape! I went back to sunbathing and Ricarda and the lads continued to play some beach football. 


Lunch was at a snazzy looking restaurant with a lovely beach view called The Blue-Green. The food was reasonably priced, the portions were very generous in size and the service was excellent. I went for fresh fish and chips- I had to, right? 




After lunch, we strolled around the few seaside shops, indulging in some pick n mix from a sweet shop that sold some really crazy things, including a sweet sushi tray and sweets that had dolls attached! The pick n mix came in a really cute jar, rather than a bag, which I will use for some kind of storage back at home.


We then headed back to the beach to make the most of the good weather, where I allowed my friends to bribe me into a game of football. We'd already had a quick 'game' earlier on on a grassy patch, but down at the beach it got serious. My friends were so sweet, encouraging me to kick the ball and not letting anyone *coughBJcough* kick the ball or take it from me so I could try and play properly. And guess what? I actually ended up having a lot of fun!

When the tide came in, we headed to the arcade, and that's where the real fun began! I spent £1, turning them into 2p's and headed straight to the 2p machines...where I stayed for about half an hour winning and winning and winning. I'm not even joking, I was the champion of the machines. I actually won prizes alongside additional 2p's which I've never done before and I had a bit of a break down about it, much to the amusement of my pals. 




Heading home, we picked up a take away and spent the evening playing games and watching the EU vote, relaxing and having way too many stomach aching laughs, as per usual! The plan for tomorrow? A sea safari! I can't wait! 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.