Thinking about the future



At work, Lauren and I were having some pretty intense chats about life, and what we wanted to achieve in the next year, two years, five years. Really, it left me feeling that my life was currently stuck in a rut- monotonous and not really moving anywhere. But it also left me feeling motivated, wanting to get myself out of the rut and continuing on into more exciting places.



I realised my main priority right now is to move out of the family home. It's something I'm desperate to do purely because I just want my own space! I want to be able to cook my own meals, decorate my own place, have friends stay over, just be independent!

But that got me thinking about the next thing I wanted/needed- full time work. Or, rather, a full time wage. I currently work 4 paid jobs, and this creates a wage that is perfect for my current needs but not enough to live alone on. So I either need to take on more part time jobs or sacrifice some part time jobs for better paid part time jobs...or, go full time. Then and only then would I be able to move out, and so that makes getting a full time wage my number one priority. Because then I can move out.

If I move out, I can't rely on my mum any more, and whilst usually I walk everywhere, get the train or get a lift from Alex, my mum does often give me lifts. So this means that I would need to learn to drive- which is expensive, as is owning a car. However, it's important to gain independence and so that makes it a top three priority.

Earn a full time wage, learn to drive and move out (the last two are interchangeable in order). They are my three main goals for the next five years. In five years I will be 25 (scary!) and so I think these are pretty attainable goals to have successfully reached by then! It's scary to think about but also exciting. So, on to the job hunt hey...

What are your goals for the next five years? Do you have a life plan like mine or do you just go with the flow? Let me know in the comments below!

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

  1. It might be worth learning to drive while you have more flexible time, if you're working 9-5 and looking after your own place, lessons can be hard to fit in! Then that's one thing you've ticked off your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you reckon? Hadn't even thought of that! Maybe I will make that first priority then!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.