Money, money, money



So money is something that I think worry about a lot. I usually whizz through my entire pay check each month, usually with little to show for it, wondering where it all went. Often, I think about how I'll ever be able to afford to move out, live independently, pay for driving lessons should I choose to have them...the list goes on.

thegirlfriendexperience  friends sad angry money

Of course, the reality of the situation is that I realistically won't be able to save any real money until I have a full time job and then I can afford to save a couple of hundred a month to put towards moving out whilst still having money to spend on myself.

However I've now encountered an obstacle. The obstacle being, my younger sister's earnings.

Her wage is already higher than mine as it is, but she has an awful  lot of money in the bank right now, and she's just started to work full time so this amount will only increase! It made me sit back and think, boy, I would love to know I had that much money sat in my account! So I decided that I would make it happen.

I have actually done quite well with my money this month and not even spent half of my wages, which makes a change. However, from September, I'm going to make a conscious effort to save a good portion of my wages. I have a holiday to book with my sister but that's all I intend on spending, except maybe the odd £5 spent here or there while I'm out and about and need a drink or something.

As many of you will know, I have a few paid jobs. The plan is to not even touch the wage from two of them and put that straight into savings and then just live off of the wage of the third one. As I saw YouTuber VelvetGh0st tweet earlier, you should save a third, invest a third and spend a third of your wages. I'm going to try and save 2/3 of my wages, so we will see how that goes. By the end of this year, I'd like to have around £500 in my savings.

I figure now is the best time to start saving- I have no real responsibilites, I don't pay rent and I only have a phone bill and Netflix as my outgoing payments. It would be harder to save if I was paying for a mortgage and numerous other bills! So I'm going to try and do as much as I can now. To be honest, I wish that I'd started sooner. I've made it my new years resolution since I was 16 to start saving to move out and never had- if only I'd stuck to my resolution, I'd maybe even be moved out by now!

I wish I'd even started saving from when I was a kid, but ah well. I've eaten lots of take out food, bought lots of treats for myself and paid for lots of eternal memories with the money I haven't saved so I guess every cloud, hey?

Here's to saving and becoming more of an adult!

Love from,
Florence Grace

P.S. Thanks for inspiring me, Clo. This one's for you. 

Comments

  1. I know the feeling. I currently pay for things like rent, food, bus fare, gym, phone (pay as you go goodybag), overdraft, and it all adds up! I've started saving like crazy because I plan on moving out into a flat on my own (I currently live in a houseshare) and even though I now work in a full-time job in an area where the cost of living is less than it is in London, I'm going to have to revert back to living like a poor student!

    Do whatever you can, save consistently, make sacrifices if you need to, and you will get there, I promise.

    Good luck!

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, the tip on saving a third, investing a third and spending a third sounds like good advice! After paying for things I tend to save my money (I save up as much as I can) I watch what I'm spending, and I avoid making unnecessary purchases.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.